**2009 Weight Loss Thread**VALENTINES DAY CHALLENGE**

I think everyone is doing GREAT!!!! Ive just tried a plate of Thai Red Curry and gave myself half the portion that i normally would but i have had to stop half way through. I dont know if its because my stomach has shrunk will being ill or that i just dont have an appetite at the moment.

My problems are that NORMALLY i serve myself tonnes of food onto the plate and then eat until im stuffed and cant move whereas half this amount would be more than sufficient.

Also i eat too late at night not leaving myself enough time to burn off the calories and alcohol.

I have told OH not to buy me any wine from the supermarket (if its not here i cant drink it) and this applies to the weekend as well. Wine has a lot of calories per glass and i could easily drink my full quota of calories on a night out (plus the food on top of course) I do miss it but i miss being slim and thats more important to me right now!!!

Keep going everyone you can do it!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Updated (I think)

well done on everyones weight loss'!!!!!! I had to update looads! I lost 2.5lbs this week to :dance:
I treated myself to a hamburger yesterday as it was weigh day and i really felt like chocolate today as well but i have resisted temptation and i feel better for it!! :D

I think the first few weeks of dieting are the hardest as you dont see the results straight away unless ure pritty slim already and also it involves giving up things that you enjoy! Buut i think im starting to get in the swing of things now! woo

so well done everyone and debecca ive kept ure weight loss as 6lbs as im sure that 4lb's will come off in no time! :D

:hug:

Im rather late but can I join in? I joined Slimming world the other day and by Valentines day, which is 4 weeks off, I want to have lost.... Hmm nothing to high or I will be dissappointed.... 8lbs! 2lbs a week! :)

Sorry i probably didnt make it clear :doh: I have lost 11lbs in total. Thanks hun :hug:

I've just been out to a french restaurant and had a caesar salad with grilled chicken and garlic coutons followed by, and heres the naughty bit, crepes with banana's, hot chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream :) Oh but I only drank still water all night and I didn't have a starter...yay!

I am so naughty, double sit ups tomorrow!!!!!!!!

My bad :(

:D

I think you did well Lou. Your main course sounds really healthy, I wouldn't have that much self control eating out!
And your dessert had fruit! :wink:

muppetmummy said:
I think you did well Lou. Your main course sounds really healthy, I wouldn't have that much self control eating out!
And your dessert had fruit! :wink:

Ditto. I went out for a meal last weekend and we shared bread with garlic butter, prawns with garlic sauce and mussels in a sauce then i had steak with peppercorn sauce, chips and salad (the only low fat bit) followed by a large whiskey and coffee and washed down with copious amounts of white wine... YUM. Scales did not think the same as a few days later i realised i had gained 4lbs that week!!!

I think you did really well Lou, theres only really the pancake and chocolate and cream to deal with but you skipped started and never drank alcohol so that will more than make up for it :hug:

Awww thanks girls :hug: and yeah I did feel better for having fruit in my desert :lol:

I was bad last night! I went out to my friends house for a few drinks and had 4 large glasses of vodka with fatty coke!! Seriously these glasses were like pint glasses! :shakehead: Although I had a good night, could be a gain this week! Going to stick to salads until Wednesday at my next weigh-in! :lol:

JoAnn&Aimee said:
I was bad last night! I went out to my friends house for a few drinks and had 4 large glasses of vodka with fatty coke!! Seriously these glasses were like pint glasses! :shakehead: Although I had a good night, could be a gain this week! Going to stick to salads until Wednesday at my next weigh-in! :lol:

The salad I had out last night was delicious and it was only chopped lettuce and a caesar dressing topped with strips of chargrilled chicken breast and garlic croutons. I'm definately going to be making it at home, all be it with some low cal dressing :wink:

I forgot to say too that when I went out last night I wore a dress I borrowed from my little sister ages ago, it was a size...... 8!!!! :shock: I had to wear my support tights and sit nicely :wink: but yay! (It was a stretchy dress mind, theres no way I'd get into size 8 jeans) And also I wore my rings which I haven't been able to get on my fingers for a long long time :dance:

Plus I'm still full up from last nights meal, I've only had some coffee this morning, semi skimmed milk and no sugar of course :)

Just had my special K :puke:

Edit - One of mates just showed me how to do squats so will be adding them to my exercise regime :dance:

Squats kill! I've got a Nell McAndrew exercise DVD that has squats most of the way through...ow ow ow!

I've been good and have done an hour on the wii fit today and yestday. I've started using aerobic weights when I do the step to get rid of the bingo wings, it makes it so much harder!

I had a go of the Wii Sports (too skint for Wii Fit! :lol: ) all last week and my entire body is in pain. That boxing takes it out on the old bingo wings! :rotfl:

The salad thing hasn't panned out well, Ewan is currently on his way to McDonalds to get me a Big Mac for lunch! :shhh:

JoAnn&Aimee said:
I had a go of the Wii Sports (too skint for Wii Fit! :lol: ) all last week and my entire body is in pain. That boxing takes it out on the old bingo wings! :rotfl:

The salad thing hasn't panned out well, Ewan is currently on his way to McDonalds to get me a Big Mac for lunch! :shhh:

You need to be strong!!!! :)

hi can i join too?
since having the coil out4 days ago ive lost 3 1bs without doing anything!
well chuffed but starting my healthy diet and exercise tomorrow!

I've been bad today! :doh: Went to the inlaws for lunch and had roast dinner, cheesecake, slice of fruitcake and a couple glasses of red wine :oops:
I wanted to go on the wii fit for an hour this evening but can't cos OH is watching a film.
I've got to weigh myself tomorrow too! :wall:

Hi Girls.... Well Done to you all.... you all seem to be doing really well! :clap:

Can I join too? :D I promise I'll try and be good! :angel:

I wanna lose 11lbs from now til Valentines Day!

How often are we weighing-in??

:hug: Don't worry about it muppetmummy- just get back on track tomorrow, I'm sure it won't have that much effect on your weigh in.

Well, on paper I should do pretty well this week but I just have a feeling I'll have put on weight tomorrow... I've kept within my points all week, I didn't go to buggy fit but did two long walks instead- as well as walking for half an hour minimum each day (with Lily in the sling for extra weight!), and today I bought davina's new dvd, phew thats a workout and a half! I was puffed out and sweating by the end, its her best one yet imo. Was going to try and do some yoga on the wii fit tonight but me and dh are discussing finances so its put me off!

Good luck to all being weighed tomorrow :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back