20 week scan

Minime

Reaction score
Got mine on wednesday and I cant find my appointment letter. I know what time it is but I cant remember if I'm supposed to have a full bladder or not?

You dont always need a full bladder for your scan, depends which hospital you go to i guess cause all are differant. But you dont need one, i never had a full bladder when i had any of mine.

I don't think you need to now as the uterus has risen out of the pelvis, but if you are unsure you could give your MW a call and ask her xx

On my letter it says not to empty my bladder for 1 hour before the scan. Dosen't say I need to drink anything though :)

My letter about 20 week scan said to have a pint of water an hour before and not to go to the loo within the hour before.
May be worth checking and finding out.
xxxxxxxxxx

At my 20 week scan they were running 2 hours late and the sonographer commented on how full my bladder was :rotfl:

From what I could see (and I should tell you that I am rubbish at understanding anything on scans) my bladder seemed to be beside baby rather than in front of him. So I guess you have to drink lots at 12 weeks so they can see through your bladder? :think: That's complete guess work though.

It wouldn't do any harm to drink some water on your way to the scan and not go to the loo before just in case that means you'll get a clearer picture.

Enjoy the scan! :D

Not the greatest fun but I would say you probably should. Not so much for them seeing the baby but they also check the placenta which (so I've found out now, anyway!) is much easier for them to see with a full bladder.

for my 20 week scan i just had a can of coke on the way there (sugar to get baby moving) lol and it was fine

Hi.. I didnt have a full bladder on either of my scans...

and the picture was quite clear on both!

Good luck... we all expect a piccy!!! :hug:

I'll have a small drink before I go and one when I get there as they always keep you waiting :x On the 12 week one I did the 2 pints an hour before then they kept me 40 minutes, OMG one sneeze and it would have all been over :rotfl:

Ooh Minime, mines is on Wed too, we can compare pics!! :D

Says on my letter whats been said above, bladder not full but not empty, just don't go for a wee the hour before should be ok.

I hear the 20 week scan can take a while - wouldn't want to be bursting for a wee the entire time, or worse, have a wee accident :shock:

On my letter it says drink half a pint of water an hour before.

Enjoy your scan :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back