20 week scan

isobel84

Reaction score
well i had loads of troubble even get my appointment then i called them up 2 weeks ago and they said wednesday 2nd 11.15.
She also said they have sent me a letter.
I have never got that letter?? So i will call monday to confirm but i wonder,, is there anything in the letter i need to know? Like at 12 weeks drink loads of water?
Also i see ppl are mention the consultant after the scan? what is that?

thanks xxx

Just drink water to be on the safe side hun, if your bladder is full then it's simple they'll just send you for a wee! In my letter it doesnt even ask for a full bladder like it did in my 12 week one :)

All i had to do was take my notes. Sounds simple but glad they told me.

Oh and be early, better than late as our hospital refuses latecomers and don't re schedule! :oooo:
they tell you to wear something practical and loose fitting (ie no dungarees)

I didn't have to see the consultant but did get a report and growth scan inserted into notes afterwards.
Thats about all i think
really exciting...... are you finding out sex?

Just take your notes hon x I see a consultant because my midwife considers me high dependency (not high risk) because I have a torn disc and a compressed disc in my lower back and my consultant is there to assess the risks/complications etc that this could possibly cause x I didn't see a consultant with my first pregnancy though x

In my letter it mentions to drink around 1 1/2 pints before the appointment (whereas for my 12 wk scan it only said 1 pint) but nothing else......
Mines next Friday and am very excited!!!!

I was told by the sonographers that I don't need a full bladder for the 20 week scan.

Hi Isobel,

I'm at the same hospital as you and the lady told me whilst i had a very full and painful bladder, that it was not needed and that i could go to to loo if it was too uncomfortable which i did!

Take your blue notes but they didn't even look at mine, just took a bit longer and printed off that slip like the 12 week scan. I think you only see a consultant if there is a problem or high risk of something but am sure you have nothing to worry about :)

Are you finding out the sex??

Enjoy the scan!!!

i didnt get a letter but my mum works as a receptionist in ultrasund so has been told no full bladder needed which im not sorry about lols iv got mine tues cant wait to here how you get on x i see a consultant becuase im classed higher risk for a variety of reasons but i dont see her till 28wks again now

No, no full bladder needed. All i took was my notes but they didn't even want them which i was dissapointed about...i wanted to see how big my baby was measuring! But they wrote it on their own notes...might ask the midwife about putting them in for me when i see her next.

you dont need a full bladder inface if its too full they will say go to the toilet as the scan is allot longer than the 12 week scan :D i had to see a consultant after my 20 weeks scan because my pregnancy is classes as high risk as i have had a previous csection but if you havent got any probs and classed as low risk then you dont need to see one x x x x

thanks everyone! i cant wait im so excited! Im also a little bit silly cuz i dont want wednesday to come.. i rather look forward to my scan then its being over and done with and then wait 20 weeks to next time i see her/him :D ! but ofcourse i cant wait to see the little one again!!

its so exciting isnt it im all over the place about mine cant wait but bit nervous that al will be well

you got yours tomorrow? awww i bet you got a little girl in there!

Mines 14th June, I'll be 21+2 which is around what I was with Jacob when I had my 20 week scan and I've got a boy in there :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back