Water - 20 week scan

Eveadel

Reaction score
Hi girls

I have my 20 weeks scan in 9 days, on my letter is says that I have to drink 1-2 litres of water, is this true?

hi hun i was told to drink 1 pint of water 1 hour before scan not sure what that works out in litres xxx

Hi

A couple of glasses of water is plenty,when i went to have my 20 week scan with my second baby i went a bit overboard with the water. I drank about 2 pints and was in complete agony by the time i got there :oops: I needed the loo so bad and when the lady went to do the scan my bladder was so full i had to go to the toilet so she could properly see the baby !! :lol:

I would't worry too much i am sure a couple of glasses is plenty!!

Thanks for your advice.

I was dreading drinking the 1-2 litres. I thought there would be enough amniotic fluid

Thanks for your advice.

I was dreading drinking the 1-2 litres. I thought there would be enough amniotic fluid

I'm not sure how much I drank but as soon as you start to feel like you need the loo, stop drinking.

That's where I always go wrong and drink just a little bit more. The up side is that my scan pics have all been really clear but I always have to let some out half way through the scans so they can see things properly.

Best to drink too much than too little though as you can always let some out.

Its funny how different places operate.
I had my scans at my doctors surgery and they told me that I didn't need to drink anything before I went if I didn't want to & said that some places ask you to drink loads but its makes no difference whatsoever to how the scan turns out!!!! I didn't drink any more than normal and my scan pics turned out great! :D

Nicki.x

I made myself sick as I had drank so much water, I tried to squeeze that little bit extra when there was no room!!!

Any way, I was not even having a scan this day, it was just blood test but I had got mixed up with my appointments!

When I had my scan the letter said drink 2 glasses of water an hour before my appointment.

Good luck with your scan.

Rachel xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back