20 Questions! ...

BabyLove

Reaction score
Well Not Quite But I Have a Few Questions Iv Been Pondering Over So Any Replies Would Be Much Appreciated :D

Will I Be Allowed To Take My Cd Player To Hospital For Labour Or Am I Not Allowed Anything Electrical- Like Anything That Has To Be Plugged In?

At What Point Will I Be Moved Into The Delivery Room? I Dont Like The Idea Of Being In Agony On a Ward Full Of Others :think: Will It Be When Im In Established Labour Quite Dialated?

How Long Did You Leave It Before Your First Visitor Came In? Will It Be Down To Us To Give Permission For Them To Come In? I Really Want The OH & Me To Have At Least An Hour Or Two Alone With The Baby First.

Before Labour

At My 40 Week Midwife Appointment, Will I Have To Be Examined Down Below For Any Reason? Like, To Check My Cervix etc?

and Finally.. Can You Go Into Labour Without Having (Or Noticing) a Show? Loads Of Girls Have Recently Given Birth In Tri 3 & I Didnt Hear About Shows From Many Of Them So Was Just Wondering..

Thank You In Advance :hug: xxx

Lets see, i might not know all the answers and i can only speak from what happens in derby.
You should be fine to take your cd player, i took my mp3 player and i charged my phone there, heeheehee.
The midwife was moving me to the delivery room thinking i was 5cms and needed more pain relief (turns out i was more than 5 and ready to push) dont know if they would move you earlier or not to be honest.
My first visitor was my mum and dad and they were a couple of hours after, you should be able to ask the hospital staff to come and ask your permission before letting anyone in.
My midwife didnt examine me at 40 weeks last time and i dont expect she will this time either.
I didnt have a show but then again i was induced! I dont think everyone has a show but im not sure....I think you could probably have it and not notice, i wouldnt put it past me to do that!!!
I think that covers it, i was not much use really! hahaha.
:hug: :hug:

Eblinx said:
Lets see, i might not know all the answers and i can only speak from what happens in derby.
You should be fine to take your cd player, i took my mp3 player and i charged my phone there, heeheehee.
The midwife was moving me to the delivery room thinking i was 5cms and needed more pain relief (turns out i was more than 5 and ready to push) dont know if they would move you earlier or not to be honest.
My first visitor was my mum and dad and they were a couple of hours after, you should be able to ask the hospital staff to come and ask your permission before letting anyone in.
My midwife didnt examine me at 40 weeks last time and i dont expect she will this time either.
I didnt have a show but then again i was induced! I dont think everyone has a show but im not sure....I think you could probably have it and not notice, i wouldnt put it past me to do that!!!
I think that covers it, i was not much use really! hahaha.
:hug: :hug:

Thats Great Help Thanks! :hug: xx ...More Replies Still Welcome Too :D

Like Eblinx I'll do my best to help if possible :D
I took my CD player and mobile phone and could use either whenever I wanted, and charged my mobile loads too. When it comes to a CD player/radio type thing, I think you have to use the hospitals in general, as they need to be tested and certified safe, but you can always ring your labour ward and ask a MW :)

On the pre-natal ward I was on, there was very little as they don't expect you there long, I don't know how dialated you are before they move you as in my case I refused to be moved until given a good 10hrs for labour to progress alone, but they also cannot move you until there's a delivery suite and staff available.

Depends when your LO is born as to visitors, because all wards have visiting hours, so if LO's born early hrs, no visitors will be allowed until 'opening time', whereas if LO's born during visiting hrs, you'll be moved to ward and could allow visitors straight away :)

There's no need whatsoever for your cervix to be checked unless MW has any concerns, it should just be a feel for LO's position and HB check.
There's lots of ways to go into labour, a show or waters breaking isn't always the first sign.
Very best wishes Carly, so exciting, so close now!! :cheer: :hug: :cheer:

Aww Thanks Thats Answered Everything :) :hug: I'll Take Your Advice & Ring The Midwife About The Cd Thing Before I Go Packing My Stereo :rotfl: xxx

Will I Be Allowed To Take My Cd Player To Hospital For Labour Or Am I Not Allowed Anything Electrical- Like Anything That Has To Be Plugged In?

i didnt take one because my hospital provided them but i cant see why you wouldnt be allowed.

At What Point Will I Be Moved Into The Delivery Room? I Dont Like The Idea Of Being In Agony On a Ward Full Of Others Will It Be When Im In Established Labour Quite Dialated?

with my 1st i went straight to the delivery room as i started labouring at home, think i was about 6cm when i got to hospital, contractions were about 4 mins apart. But with my 2nd, i was induced and i never made it to the delivery suite and i gave birth on the ward where i was induced.

How Long Did You Leave It Before Your First Visitor Came In? Will It Be Down To Us To Give Permission For Them To Come In? I Really Want The OH & Me To Have At Least An Hour Or Two Alone With The Baby First.

depends when the baby is born. millie was born at 5.40am and visiting wasnt until 3pm so we had plenty of time on our own. Whereas Ryan was born at 5.10pm and visiting was at 6:30pm. but my mum should've been at the birth but it happened too quick that she missed it so she came up as soon as she could.

Normally visitors arent allowed in the delivery suite which is where you will spend your first few hours anyway before you're moved to the ward. but of course if you dont want visitors its completely your choice.

Before Labour

At My 40 Week Midwife Appointment, Will I Have To Be Examined Down Below For Any Reason? Like, To Check My Cervix etc?

i wasnt examined until 7 days over when you have a membrane sweep

and Finally.. Can You Go Into Labour Without Having (Or Noticing) a Show? Loads Of Girls Have Recently Given Birth In Tri 3 & I Didnt Hear About Shows From Many Of Them So Was Just Wondering..
i had a show with both of mine the day after my membrane sweep but they were very different. with millie it was one piece and slightly blood stained and with ryan it was smaller broken up pieces (like discharge) with some blood sorry if tmi.

good luck! :hug:

xCarly said:

I didn't take anything so I don't know, but the labour room I had had a cd player in it already. I didn't think to take cd's or anything so I had on James Blunt which was the best of the cd's they had :)

At What Point Will I Be Moved Into The Delivery Room? I Dont Like The Idea Of Being In Agony On a Ward Full Of Others :think: Will It Be When Im In Established Labour Quite Dialated?

I was moved to delivery room as soon as I got to hospital, when I was 5cm. I was moved from bath to the water pool at 8cm when my gas and air canister ran out!

I had no visitors in hospital, but you'll have to bear in mind the visiting hours too. I had Ryan at 8.27pm and Nat had to go home at half midnight and he was only allowed that late cos he was my OH. I didn't see him again until 10am the next morning at visiting hours.

Before Labour

I didn't. My midwife only examined me at term+9, to do a sweep.

I had my show after my sweep so I don't really know about normal shows tbh.

Thank You In Advance :hug: xxx

No problem :D

Well I Rang The Midwife To Ask About The Cd Player & She Basically Laughed At Me. Made Me Feel Like a Complete Noob :rotfl: But She Said Yes I Can Bring Mine...

I didn't take anything as I just listened to the radio there. We were allowed to use our mobiles up on the labour ward though.

At What Point Will I Be Moved Into The Delivery Room? I Dont Like The Idea Of Being In Agony On a Ward Full Of Others Will It Be When Im In Established Labour Quite Dialated?

I was induced and moved to the delivery room when I was around 5cm dilated.

I didn't have visitors but we were left alone for about an hour once they'd finished stitching me up and before I had my bath. I had her at 6.27pm and OH left at 11pm and couldn't come back until 11am when visiting hours started.

Before Labour

don't know as I was induced at 38+6

I didn't have a show as I was induced

My hospital already had a cd player in the delivery room :cheer: ( i didnt use it though, last thing on my mind was musice and TBH the gas and air made me think I could hear music anyway :lol: )

I went in to hospital and I was 2cm so I said I was going home, didn't reach home and went straight back in and was always in a delivery suite, I dont know if it's different if they're extremely busy? :think: Labour moved very fast though so maybe thats why.

We had a couple of hours on our own, bare in mind it was 9pm so that was prob why, my cousin popped in with some PJ's for me cos i'd forgotten to pack any :doh: I think you always get a bit of time on your own in delvery room anyway while midwife does paperwork etc and even so it's up to you who comes in.

I didn't get to 40 week check up, I had him 39+5. When I got to hospital the checked though to see how dilated I was.

I had a little show but not like a lot of girls describe, i don't think everyone gets one, for some it happens during labour so you wont notice.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My God I COMPLETELY Forgot About Visiting Hours :| The OH Is Not Going To Be The Slightest Bit Amused When I Remind Him That He Has To Go Home! Bless, He's Soooo Looking Forward To Meeting His Baby Girl & Has Said Nobody Is Allowed To Hold Her Becasue "Shes His".. and He's Serious :roll: Cute :)

aww thats so sweet, not sure if it's different at dif hospitals but at no time was OH made to rush and go home by midwives, we were left on our own for ages, it was lovely. He stayed from 9pm and left about 12:30am and thats only cos I wanted a shower and bed, TBH it's an exhausting experience so after a few hours I'm sure he'll be fine. Next day my hospital allowed OH's to stay from 10:30am till 8:30pm :cheer:

At my hospital your birth partner can stay for as long as they like - they don't have to follow the visiting hours. Maybe call and check.

I cant help you with the hospital or midwide stuff since i gave birth outside of the UK.
I didnt have a show before i went into labour. I noticed blood on the sheet in the hospital but that was after my contractions were three minutes apart and i was at 6cm.

Will I Be Allowed To Take My Cd Player To Hospital For Labour Or Am I Not Allowed Anything Electrical- Like Anything That Has To Be Plugged In? My delivery room had a CD player already in it but I didn't take any CDs so ended up listening to a CD that was already there on repeat for hours!

At What Point Will I Be Moved Into The Delivery Room? I Dont Like The Idea Of Being In Agony On a Ward Full Of Others Will It Be When Im In Established Labour Quite Dialated? I was moved at 3cms

How Long Did You Leave It Before Your First Visitor Came In? Will It Be Down To Us To Give Permission For Them To Come In? I Really Want The OH & Me To Have At Least An Hour Or Two Alone With The Baby First. I wasn't aloud visitors untill the evening. Jess was born at 6am so had to wait untill 7pm for people to visit us. Only other half was aloud to be there all day.

Before Labour

At My 40 Week Midwife Appointment, Will I Have To Be Examined Down Below For Any Reason? Like, To Check My Cervix etc? I didn't make it to my 40 wk appointment I went into labour the day before.

and Finally.. Can You Go Into Labour Without Having (Or Noticing) a Show? Loads Of Girls Have Recently Given Birth In Tri 3 & I Didnt Hear About Shows From Many Of Them So Was Just Wondering.. I thought I did have a show before hand but during labour I was losing mucus stuff throughout the whole thing. You can go into labour without having a show first. Hope this helps xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[[/b]

sorry i cant help u with the hosp questions as i had a home birth but the show question- some people get theirs days before the birth but i didnt get mine til i was already in labour.
no-one told me what it would be like and it was scarey- there was lots and it was really bloody i thought something was wrong :(
just wanna tell u so ur prepared and not worried like i was!

xCarly said:
Well Not Quite But I Have a Few Questions Iv Been Pondering Over So Any Replies Would Be Much Appreciated :D

I took my MP3 player but didnt use it while in labour but I did use it on the ward because it was so noisy

I went straight into the delivery suite, I never went onto the ward first as I was 4 cm in admission to hospital

Out first visitor was a 4pm and Jake was born 11 hours earlier

Before Labour

Sorry, cant help you there- never made it to 40 weeks

My waters broke, I never saw my show

xCarly said:
At What Point Will I Be Moved Into The Delivery Room? I Dont Like The Idea Of Being In Agony On a Ward Full Of Others. Will It Be When Im In Established Labour Quite Dialated?
natalie&jake said:
I went straight into the delivery suite, I never went onto the ward first as I was 4 cm in admission to hospital

Oooo Good Point I Forgot About That! Im Not Going Into Hospital Until Contractions Are 4-5 Mins Apart.. Well, Thats The Plan :roll::D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back