2 potatoes and a sausage roll (Kats food journal)

kat1988

Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea to start writing down some of the recipes I use as I cook quite a lot for the sausage roll (now 8months) and for me and oh. Oh is a VERY fussy eater and I'm still trying to lose the baby weight so finding food that all of us can and will eat is not exactly easy!

If anyone else wants to add anything feel free!

Batch cooked veggie soup (the orangy tubs) and sprout mush (the greeny tubs) today

The sprout mush is shallots, bacon, sprouts and nutmeg all finely chopped and fryed in frylight, it tastes soooo good, its really Christmassy, its great to use as stuffing and the sausage roll LOVES it, plus as she's got older its really easy to make it chunkier so she can feed herself.

The veg soup is designed to hide veggies so oh will unknowingly eat them, I've just put a bit of black pepper on top to give it a kick, plus I will eat this and its really good for u lots of vitamins, no fat or unnatural sugars etc and very filling. Yum!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 13
homemade granola bars, these ones are apricot, cranberry and sweet potato but u can make them with any fruit or veg really

approx ingredients
125g unsalted butter
125g unsalted porridge oats
100g coconut (grated or powder but if from a pack unsweetened)
100g dried cranberries
25g dried apricots
1 medium sweet potato

butternut squash and blueberry works really well as well, and they are baby friendly and diet friendly (about 220calories for 2 slices) and extremely high in various vitamins and minerals and the oats make them very filling too, yum yum yum

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 8
homemade granola bars, these ones are apricot, cranberry and sweet potato but u can make them with any fruit or veg really

approx ingredients
125g unsalted butter
100g dried cranberries
25g dried apricots
1 medium sweet potato

butternut squash and blueberry works really well as well, and they are baby friendly and diet friendly (about 220calories for 2 slices) and extremely high in various vitamins and minerals and the oats make them very filling too, yum yum yum

These look and sound amazing!! What do I do with the ingredients once I've got them all? X

approx ingredients
125g unsalted butter
100g dried cranberries
25g dried apricots
1 medium sweet potato

These look and sound amazing!! What do I do with the ingredients once I've got them all? X

it's so easy, with the veg u need to peel, chop and boil untill soft then drain and puree. Next melt the butter then mix everything together, greese an ovenproof dish and spread the mixture evenly so it's about an inch-2inches thick and cook on approx 200degrees c untill the top is dry,
(about half an hour depending on how thick youve spread the mixture) they're even nicer if u eat them warm :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back