1st pregnancy, 5 wks and very scared re symptoms etc.

Hi
Just wanted to say that I went to the docs, they didn't take a blood test but they said that I am welcome to do a surgery urine test if I want to do one. I won't hear anything now for about 4 weeks when I see the midwife for the first time (around 8 weeks gone). I didn't get an information leaflet, so I am pretty much been left to my own devices. This is my first pregnancy so I haven't got a clue what to expect. I can't wait til my first scan so I can see everything is normal. It's a really scary time.

Hi there,

just a quick message to say don't worry I know exactly how you feel- I went my doc at 6 weeks and all he did was take my blood pressure and ask me if I smoke and told me not to eat too much! I have my 1st midwife appointment next Friday when I'll be 10 weeks! I felt a bit at sea to start with- none of my friends are pregnant or have had kids and anyway I've only told my parents! I knew absolutely nothing about pregnancy and still know nothing about babies! Being on this board has helped loads and loads and made me realise that all sorts of wierd things that were happening to my body were totally normal. Someone posted a link to this site earlier this week and it's really good too:-

http://www.midwivesonline.com/parentsindex.htm

I've got a book called "A Best Friend's Guide to Pregnancy: Or What Your Doctor Won't Tell You" which is really funny and covers some of the emotional and practical things connected with pregnancy. After we found out my husband hugged me one morning and then said "It's alright for you what if you die in childbirth and I have to bring up the baby single-handed!" Now I thought that was a pretty outrageous thing to say (so outrageous I laughed thankfully and said "Yeah you're right- you have it worse!") but I was flicking through that book last night and it was on the "Top 10 list of things worrying your partner" along with "He will have to deliver the baby himself" and my personal fave "The rational, stable women he used to have will be permenantly replaced by this sobbing, sleepy, impatient, ravenous, baby-obsessed person who has wind" which pretty much sums up our personal situation at the moment!!

Just ask loads of questions and we'll all go on shooting up this learning curve together :).

++

Hi Tasha...I am about 5 weeks pregnant (not quite sure because I haven't been to the doctor's yet)
This is also my first pregnancy. I have been experiencing cramps as well. It feels like I'm going to get my period. I'm glad to hear that you are experiencing the same symptoms.
How far along are you now? Are you still experiencing the same symptoms? Still have cramps??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back