1st period 3 months after MMC

Pinball95

Reaction score
We found out we lost our first baby in December at 10wks - MMC. After a week of waiting, I opted for a ERPC as it was so close to Christmas and I couldn't bare the thought of it happening during the holidays.

ERPC was ok, bleed for a couple of weeks and then stopped - two weeks later I started bleeding again, initially just spotting, but a couple of days in I started passing massive clots, after waking up in the middle of night soaked in blood I got back in contact with the EPU, who got me in, scanned me and found that the ERPC hadn't got everything - and was sent away with antibiotics. Once I had completed the antibiotics I did a pregnancy test and it came back negative.

After about 28 days what I hoped was my first period started... That was two weeks ago, and I am still bleeding :( is this normal? Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

I'm struggling, I don't know what's normal for my body any more, I can't face going back to the EPU again :(

Hey, so sorry to here about your MMC, I have two both at 10 weeks and it sucks

I havn't got any experience with Erpc as I had medical managment and will also have medical managment with this MMC.

After my medical managment the bleeding stopped after 2 weeks then I had a period that last 6 days about 5 weeks after.

I thought that If the erpc wasn't succesful the first time then they would take you in again, I don't understand what antibiotics would do to any retained tissue - maybe it's worth asking them that?

It's good you are getting negative tests now but I would keep on a them about the bleeding as if you are bleeding and DTD then it can cause infection.

I know it's horrible going back to the epu but try and be strong, you need your body to be in the best possible health to try again.

Sorry I can't give you an answer but the best thing to do is contact hospital.

Take care xxx

Last edited:
Thank you Tina, I am so sorry for your losses xx

I was told the antibiotics would help to remove the last of the retained tissue, not quite sure how - the last consultant I saw at the EPU really upset me as she just didn't seem to be listening to me or willing to answer my questions.

I don't understand why there is no after care or follow up, I just want my life to get back to normal.

I will give the EPU a call tomorrow - see what they think

Thank you Tina, I am so sorry for your losses xx

I was told the antibiotics would help to remove the last of the retained tissue, not quite sure how - the last consultant I saw at the EPU really upset me as she just didn't seem to be listening to me or willing to answer my questions.

I don't understand why there is no after care or follow up, I just want my life to get back to normal.

I will give the EPU a call tomorrow - see what they think

Thankyou xxx

I see I thought that might have been the case but I thought antibiotics were to cure infections.

I would demand a re-scan, if they won't give you one can you afford to pay for a private scan? I know nuffield health do them and when I asked them for a price they said £220 I know it's a lot but for piece of mind and so you can move on its priceless.

I hope it doesn't have to come to that though and the EPU see you and help you xxx

I bled for a couple of weeks after my miscarriage with my first period. But the period after that was normal, I didn't have the op xx

I have been back to my GP as the EPU wouldn't see me, GP sent me for a scan today - where they found that my womb lining is still really thick, even though I've been bleeding for so long - so they think there is still something left :(

Now going back to GP tomorrow to get referred back to gynae - goodness knows how long that will take - when will this ever end!

So angry with the EPU, why did they just sent me off with antibiotics in January when there was no infection and not get me back in to check everything had gone! Why did they not check at the end of the ERPC that they had got everything?

So sorry to hear you have to go through this.

It's terrible that they didn't check, I know after medical managment they just check whats come out and they don't give you a scan, I would have thought they should chexk everything's gone with erpc through camera/scan..

I hope you get it sorted quickly, try and stay strong, you can't change what's happened and it wasn't your fault. It should be all over in a few weeks (which will fly by) and then you can move on properly.

I hope it all goes ok xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back