1st Midwife appointment

Tara1985

Reaction score
A pointless thread but I had my first midwife appointment today!!! Wooohoooo :dance:

She done a pregnancy test, took my height and weight (put on 4lb already!!) and some blood. I left with a massive pack and I'm so chuffed :) Next appointment is in 6 weeks time!!!

She also gave me loads of information and forms for free stuff like dental care but the most impressive one was free fruit, veg and milk for pregnant women over 10 weeks. Only problem is that I am not under 18 and not on benefits. Such a shame but a fantastic benefit to those that are eligible. Has anyone heard of this? You get £3.50 a week when pregnant and then £6.50 when baby arrives.

Roll on next week when I have my NHS scan :lol:

Anyway hope you're all well.

xxx

Hi Tara1985,

I'am so happy to hear your first appointment went well as I have my first midwife meet on Tuesday and was slightly anxious to what happens!

Glad to hear about the free fruit and veg that would be a massive help for me.
Im around 12 to 13 weeks at the moment and will be having my first scan as soon as the midwife can get me booked in so will thankfully find out just how far along I'am!

How many weeks are you? And if you don't mind me asking have you been suffering morning sickness or began to show at all yet?

Hope everything goes well for you in the future its nice to talk to someone I can relate to!

Much Love, Charlotte xxx

I think you can get them over 18 years round here, I've been offered them and I'm not on benefits.

Glad all went well- I'd put on a stone, but lost it all with ms xx

Glad it went well hun, ive got mine on Wednesday eeeeekkkkk xxx

id love all the free fuit shame i cant get it lol x

Thanks ladies :)
Hi Charlotte, yeah it's great to be able to share so much with ladies going through the same thing. I love my friends but at the moment they just don't get me and my blabbering on about booking in appointments!! I'm nearly 11 weeks, thankfully not suffered with morning sickness but did get bad nausea. Just this week I've noticed my tummy is getting rounder ad the bottom :) so exciting!!
What about you? Sickness, showing yet? Hope it all goes well for you Tuesday.
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back