18 weeks Pregnant, fireworks display?

JomoMama

Reaction score
I’m currently 18 weeks pregnant and am attending the local fireworks display tonight, I have been doing lots of research on whether the loud noises can disturb/ cause ear damage to the baby in the womb - and I’ve mostly read that as long as you are a reasonable distance away the baby will be fine. I know this sounds like a silly query, but I’m just overly anxious at the moment and don’t want to put a foot wrong in my pregnancy. I was really just hoping to hear from some other mums that they’ve been to similar events and their babies were fine - just for some reassurance really! Xx

18 weeks and went yesterday, didn't even cross my mind!! I went to a gig much later on last time too. Don't worry and have fun 😁

We were going to go tonight. The only reason we're not is cos it's a long walk and not worth the nightmare trying to park! OH likes these things more than me but he didn't want to drag me all that way. We would have gone if it wasn't so far to walk and I'd have gone if he'd pushed to go.

Thanks ladies, we went and it was good fun! Didn’t have any kicks of complaint so I don’t think our little man minded too much. :p xxx

You should be OK if not too close. I went to an arena show at around 28 weeks. It was very loud and DS was very jumpy and active (usually his movement were nice and subtle), loud bangs seemed to startle him and he didn't settle down for a while. I felt really bad, tried to cover bump as much as I could with coats etc.
He was fine however, and now that he's here his hearing is perfect

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back