18 weeks - NO MOVEMENT OR KICKING

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by 1009, May 20, 2013.

1. 1009

1009 Well-Known Member

Im now 18 weeks and I have yet to experience my baby kicking but unsure if I have been feeling movements.

I have been experiencing slight pains for around 1 second on a couple of occasions on the weekend of the 10th and then nothing during that week and I had a couple more on Saturday and this morning and unsure if this is me feeling movements. As I have never been pregnant before I don't know what to expect but they are roughly in the same location each time??

This is very confusing and have become impatient waiting on my baby to kick :(

x

2. Lauren84

Lauren84 Well-Known Member

I was also 18 weeks until flat any flutters, I thought it felt like someone was flicking me from inside or bubbles, didn't feel kicks until I was 20 weeks so don't be disheartened Hun. Everyone is different xx

3. 1009

1009 Well-Known Member

Thanks Lauren just becoming impatient :( but suppose everyone is different x

4. AmyQ

AmyQ Well-Known Member

My first kick was at 20 weeks, but they weren't regular until 23 weeks.

All I can say is that when you have that first kick you will know :) xx

5. Lauren84

Lauren84 Well-Known Member

I was the same Hun! A lot of girls felt flutters quite early and I didn't, so automatically thought something was up but like any said you'll know! X

6. Kay Kay

Kay Kay Well-Known Member

I didn't feel anything til about 21 weeks so try not to worry. Easier said than done I know! x

7. 1009

1009 Well-Known Member

Thank you ladies, glad im not the only one who didn't feel anything until a little later :) x

8. katyloumc

katyloumc Well-Known Member

Just depends on where your placenta is, it's probably cushioning the movements. Found out mine was at the back at the midwife at my 20 week scan said its why I've felt my little girl move from quite early. Don't worry it'll be making a menace of itself soon! Ha x

9. JJ Mum

JJ Mum Well-Known Member

Dont worry im always 24 weeks for first movement, not very good at recognising flutters , and have always had anterior placenta in the way,

Wont be long and then it will be all the time, best bit!!

10. Cheryl19

Cheryl19 Well-Known Member

This is my 3rd pregnancy and i was worried i didnt feel anything until the night before my sexing scan! Now i get kicked or punched all the time :p Dont stress too much!! Especially when they say 'ull feel ur first baby move later on in pregnancy and when u get pregnant again ull fell it soon'... **Cough** Bs :p

11. Samantha55

Samantha55 Well-Known Member

I'm still not feeling movements either...hopefully soon for us both!! X

12. 1009

1009 Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed Samantha ......keep me posted if you have any feelings xx

13. Samantha55

Samantha55 Well-Known Member

Will do. Am analysing every twinge right now!! X

14. Plaztikman

Plaztikman Well-Known Member

We're not feeling any yet,
    Although it may be a bit early for us, she says she feels little twinges, but she thinks it might be muscle, she doesn't know what she is feeling out for, just a waiting game

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

15. cw25

cw25 Well-Known Member

Im 18 weeks too and started feeling a little movement this week... if I lie on my tummy I feel it most not felt kicks though and this is my 2nd so don't worry x

16. Noni

Noni Well-Known Member

I was feeling movement a few weeks ago but it's proper kicks now. I think it really just depends on the individual woman. My placenta also at the back, and is apparently why you feel so early if you do x

17. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

I was about 24 weeks before I really felt a kick

18. charlotte89

charlotte89 Well-Known Member

dont panic or worry , i didnt feel anything at all until i was 21 weeks ! and even then i was not convinced it was lil man cuz they were like lil flutters lol x

when he or she starts kickin you will know about trust me lol mine never stops now :love:

:preg: 29 weeks 3 days :blue:

19. 1009

1009 Well-Known Member

How do some of you know where your placenta is lying ?? I have no clue where mines is x

20. Lulubelle

Lulubelle Well-Known Member

With my first baby I literally felt about 5 kicks during the whole pregnancy. I was in and out of hospital a fair ammount to monitor baby but he was fine, it was just the position of the placentar. This time around I have had the occasional flutter overthe last 2 weeks but just today I bent over and felt it much stronger. I think they are very easy to miss at first because they are very gentle, almost like a bubble popping. Certainly shouldn;t be a painful twinge at this stage, that is more likely to be a bit of stretching going on.