• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

18 mile walk

Tara & Liam

Reaction score
i must be mad. my and my sil have signed up for the pier to pier walk. its 18 miles and it is from hastings pier to eastbourne pier. it is for breast cancer. we had to pay £10 to enter and we had to guarantee sponsor money of at least £20.

the most ive walked in one go so far is 5 miles. the walk is on the 16 september. thats why i am going to weight watchers as well. have to get some of this fat of my bum otherwise it is going to be too hard.

anyone else agreed to do something that they know that they are going to regret later.

anyone else agreed to do something that they know that they are going to regret later.
Try for a baby?

No only joking ;)

That's fab though, it's really good that you're doing it. And a walk shouldn't be too bad - imagine running it.... :shock: :shock:

Hopefully it will be a nice cool day :D

^^ i was gonna say getting married!!! ha ha!!!!
(was also only joking!)

You should be able to do it!!!

And not like you need it, but more of an incentive to lose some more weight, although with this heat don't really need to do much!!! ha ha!!

Thats a great thing to do, Davina, well done! At least its not a marathon either and you can walk it!

Perhaps you should set up a page on http://www.justgiving.com/ so people can sponsor you over the internet.

Izzyx

^^
i was gonna say something like that... but couldn't think of the site!!!!

was trying to remember where i saw stuff.... saw a couple on ebay, people asking for sponsers, and they had links to that justgiving site!!!

Bet you do fantastic though!!

I almost did an Eastbourne to Brighton walk with the Air Training Corps but i wasnt allowed to go because a was a newbie.

I think its fabulous that you are doing that. Walking is really easy to build up and you don't risk injury like you do with running. Good luck :D

Davinia that is a wonderful thing to do :clap:

I will deff sponser you if you set up a site :D

Well done you.

I walked 10 miles on Saturday for our local community charity. It was pretty sweltering in the heat with loads of nettles and brambles. Scratched to hell! :shock:

As if that wasn't enough, I got up on Sunday and ran 8 miles. Don't ask me why, but the running was easier than the walking! :shock:

18 miles over 2 days was hard enough. It's going to be a long slog in one day. Good luck, but get some practice in beforehand! You def won't regret it (once it's over with!) :lol:

I have trouble walking my dog for 3 or 4 miles ( I moan all the way about my tired legs hehe). Well done you and good luck

thanks for all that.

i will go into that website as soon as i have confirmation that i am able to do the walk.

only 250 people allowed to enter, i have sent off my deposit so i should know very soon.

Ahhh fantastic, you'll be fine hun, great charity too. Get some comfy trainers! Good luck! xx

That is brilliant hun!!! We have just done the Race for Life (although I was not a loud to, Doc's orders) that was only 3 miles, but the atmosphere is great! You will have a great time!

Well done babe!!! Keep us updated, you going to start training for it?

When is it, or did I miss that bit? :?

We are walking at the moment.

I walk to and from work most days which is five miles.

also i do a longer walk one evening a week. i roller skate once a week trying to build up stamina.

we need to do the 18 miles once before the walk, which is september 16.

Good for you girl :lol:

I did a half marathon when I was younger :shock:
Bugger that now :lol: All I have to show for it is a t-shirt :doh:

Think you're very brave. And it's for a great cause :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member