Agony :(

dollface79

Reaction score
We decided after a stressful couple of weeks we would take a drive out to Whitby today and take a stroll around the pier and grab some lunch. While there i was absolutely fine but now i am in agony every time i move :(

My foot looks like it is bruised even though i have done nothing to it but walk on it and both of them ache like hell! My hip joints are absolutely killing me, more towards the inner part of me legs at the top rather than outer leg. As soon as i try to get up or shift position on the sofa it feels like something will break if i move too quickly or roughly :(

I could cry right now.

Last edited:
Aw. Just spotted this. Hugs :hugs: Hope you are OK. The hip pain sounds like it might be the beginnings of SPD or just that you've stressed out your ligaments with the walking. I would call your midwife for a chat about it. x

hey, i had a really bad pain, sort of on my pubic bone on Tuesday that came on from a walk, ended up in agony, had to call the hospital, they've told me to go to the midwife and report it and they want to refer me for physio as they think it might be SPD. Mine felt like someone/thing was between my legs trying to snap my pubic bone in two, is this what your pain is like?

Aww.. I had the same yesterday lovely.. I did quite a bit of walking and really suffered for it last night, and still a bit sore today! The hot weather didn't help yesterday either.. As the ladies have said above, could be the start of SPD?

I'd mention it to your midwife + see if she can help xx

hope u r feeling better today x

Hey definitely sounds like SPD, I have it quite severely too to the point if I sit or lay in a certain position I get locked and can't move. I have to either be rolled or gently pulled out of position.:dohh:
Physio is great although you must keep up with the exercises, accupuncture, paracetamols, heat pads are ok in small doses too. I'm not a medically trained but this is the advice I've been given by my physio. Hope you feel better... Who says exercise is good for us?!?!xx

That's what it feels like for me too... i feel as if i'm locked into a position and it hurts like hell when i try and get out of it. Getting out of bed 4 or 5 times a night for the loo is killing me :(

I feel your pain!! Been on my feet all day at work and had to nip into town on the way home and my feet are on fire! My hips are so sore, am walking like John Wayne! Bad times! I had this really bad a few weeks ago, but it settled down abit so am kinda gutted its starting up again :( x

I'm going to get a VERY long bath tonight and see how it feels after that, if it stays the same or gets any worse i think i will put a call into my midwife... this is my first baby and i never expected all this... diabetes and now maybe SPD? Gawd!! x

I hope the soak in the bath helps, hopefully its the ligaments complaining from all that walking - like you've done 10 rounds in the gym and not SPD. Hope you feel better soon x

Last edited:
I think it's worth contacting your midwife regardless of it persisting. You've got a long way to go and getting booked in early for treatment would be better than leaving it.xx

How long have you been getting these pains? Unless its been quite often over a couple of weeks or more, I dont think there is much the MW or a doctor will do. When I went I was told to come back if it got worse - I cried as I didnt think it could get worse.

I have some tips I've picked up that can help:

-wear comfy shoes, like trainers which support your feet

-if you have chores or jobs to do, rather than spend a while on them, do 30 mins then have a break and keep doing this til your finished. little and often!

-sit with knees about a tennis ball width apart

-dont cross your legs when sat down or laid in bed, it puts extra stress and pressure on your hips

-Try sleeping with a pillow or two between your legs, or one under your hips

-have a hot bath

-take paracetamol

-See if you can use movelat cream during pregnancy - Quite a few of my patients when I worked in a nursing home used this for arthritis type pains and sore joints, so may work for hip pains. The massaging may also help

-Dont walk, sit or stand for long periods of time

-If you dont have a memory foam bed, try sleeping on top of a duvet

Hope this helps hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111