17DPO, AF late, still negative HPT! Am I pregnant??

IratxeMartinez

Reaction score
Please allow me to rant for a while cos I'm super frustrated right now.
I'm 17dpo today (using sensiplan method, please ignore my cm tracking, I had a thrush and it's NOT accurate. I do know peak day does not match my shift)...
Anyway, at 17dpo (LP is usually 13, never longer than 14). I'm so sure I'm pregnant and still my tests are coming back negative!! I did two digitals yesterday and the day before and they said "not pregnant". I also did a blue dye one that showed a vvvvvfl yesterday but I do not trust those ones. I can't get a frer here so a friend from London has just posted two for me that will arrive tomorrow or Thursday. I can't wait!! It will make me 18dpo tomorrow and if my temps are still high the book "taking charge of your fertility" says you can be sure you are pregnant.
Symptoms are: super sore, red nipples. Full boobs, little bit darker areolas. Frequent urination and I can't stop sleeping and eating!!!
Ok, rant over.
Has anyone ever got a super late + HPT???

Chart:
243i7g6.jpg

Good plan on getting your friend to post a frer...that'll seem like a lifetime waiting for it! I didn't have a late bfp but a friend didn't get her bfp until she was 6 weeks pregnant!! And she was certain and tested everyday until she got it. So you're still in there :) good luck!! xx

Thank you!! Gosh the waiting is killing me, everything is a symptom and I am dreading going to the toilet everytime (like 28989834 times a day) just in case I start spotting >_<

You can check your cervix and you will know straight away! x

how do I know?? please tell me!

I have been reading TCOYF and according to the book if tomorrow my temp is still over the coverline I can confirm pregnancy even without a test! woot!

13151739_261614054189737_3452926061098584007_n.jpg

PS: I checked: my cervix feels high, soft and my CM is watery mixed with creamy!

Last edited:
Symptoms sounding good! I monitored cm and cervix and I had lots of cm when normally dry before af...and cervix was mid high and soft and squishy :) good luck sweet! xx

Today's update: officially 18dpo with highest temp yet..I have saved my fmu and I'm eagerly awaiting my frer in the post..The hype is real!!!

I just found this really interesting!!
"Yet, bare in mind it may not occur until 12dpo and it 'may' take 4 full days to complete so that would take you up 15dpo. It 'can' then take up to four days for the hcg to be secreted into your urine so hello?! that's 18/19dpo already before you can get a +hpt. yes, this means implantation may not complete until AFTER your AF is due. "

http://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a3696155/all_about_implantation_timing_symptoms

Eeeek exciting!! Good signs still...let us know how you get on! xx

If your cervix is high you are defo pregnant. How exciting. Hope you test soon xx

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Ok I have been to the GP today and she had been absolutely useless!! 18DPO, highest temperature as of yet, no signs of af. She didn't want to test me at all!!! Says that a HPT is mandatory and that they are as reliable as a clinical one (sure...). After I begged she gave me a strip test which came back negative. My frer at home also was stark white. I want to get my blood test for quantitative HCG. How can I get that done on the UK via NHS??? I'm frustrated and sad cos I am scared that I am one of those few people that don't show positive HPT in urine until much into the pregnancy (I know some people get them at 12 weeks or later and some never do!! I think it has to do something with the way the kidneys secrete the hormone). I'm having pregnancy symptoms like frequent urination, increased saliva, fatigue, sore nipples, full boobs, dark areola... And if it's impossible to get it in the NHS, how can I find for sure without paying A LOT?? I'm in Colchester, Essex..
As I'm a nurse I'm going to beg one of junior doctor colleagues to draw blood from me and see if they can ask for a test in the hospital I work for, but I'm assuming they won't. Please help me.

Last edited:
Oh man, what a journey...
I ended up in A&E where they completly refused to do a sonogram for me which I will NEVER understand... After much arguing with junior doctors, with senior ones, with nurses... they finally did a HCG blood test which came back negative. But I still don't know what is causing my super long LP!

Whay I am doing now is, I am taking a 7 days course of provera 10mg to bring on my "period" and I will start a first cycle of clomid 50mg, and using OPKs and preseed I am hopeful I will conceive soon.

Thanks all for the ideas and for listeing

So sorry you had a bad experience in a&e hun. But it sounds like youve made some progress and have a plan in place. Loads and loads of luck to you!! Youll have that positive soon sweetheart xxx

Thank you hun.
Apparently I had a UTI which I was able to diagnose myself at work with the simplest urine dip stip. Why I didn't realize sooner that I could have an infection please don't ask. Seems like the more professional you are for others the less you are for yourself!!!! And because my temperatures never rose to proper fever and I didn't have symptoms I didn't realize that could be the case... But the test reveled leucocites, blood and proteins in my wee :(

Anyway! I am taking antibiotics prescribed by my GP which are making me utterly sick (and I will get a thrush afterwards, I know that) and I am on day 3 of my provera.

The weird thing is that my temperature is coming down?? I mean, I understand that having my UTI cured BUT taking the provera at the same time it should keep on being high, I am so lost LOL.

So seems like I didn't ovulate at all! tsk!

I am still going to carry on with my plan. That is, force AF with provera, clomid etc. Let's see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back