16 year old...

BabysMomma

Reaction score
My DS will be 16 in May and I'm at a loss what to do for his birthday! He's really hard to buy for and at that age where he kind of has the majority of what he needs/wants. Other than wrestling, he's not really into anything else.

It's kind of a big deal I guess because he leaves school this year and is going onto college to do his A-levels and possibly get a part-time job so a lot is changing for him.

I want to do something exceptional....he's never been on a plane before so I was looking at maybe flying him to somewhere in the UK and either doing a day return or overnight stay in a hotel. So I'd have to sort him a passport out without him knowing...

It's okay flying somewhere, but where do I take him when there? He's a tough cookie when it comes to entertaining him.

I was looking at Alton Towers but don't know if its going to be worth it for an overnight stay just. Plus I'm on a tight budget as it is.

Any ideas ladies? It doesn't have to be a flight somewhere I guess...just thought it'd be a good experience for his 16th because I doubt he'll want to fly somewhere with his Mama when he's 18!

I'm open to any ideas ;) Thanks. x

Hmmm I was going to suggest the Isle of Man but as to what you could do whilst there I'm unsure! Also.....you don't need a passport to fly within the UK I'm sure! What about Blackpool instead of Alton towers? I balk at Alton towers prices because you can't really leave the park to seek out cheaper food/accommodation so you are forced to pay their prices!
I realise I've been incredibly unhelpful here! Sorrrryyy!

I spent a night at Alton towers for my 21st and went to the park the day after, they let you in before it opens to public and I can honestly say I had the best time. If its in your budget I recommend it

If you fly to somewhere in the UK (Scotland?) you won't need a passport anyway. Like MrsR, not sure what you'd do once you got there. Ideas for 16-year-old birthday celebrations in Scotland anyone?

I have always loved Alton Towers but to be honest, at 16 I wouldn't have been bothered about staying over there (which I've heard can be pricey). Depends where you live I suppose, but for me at that age a day trip to Alton Towers (with fast passes) would have been perfect. I always remember experiences from my childhood more than gifts - so I reckon you're on the right lines with thinking of something to DO to celebrate, rather than to GIVE him.

Where do you live? Just doing a search for cheap flights for you xx

jet2 are having a flights deal, ive been many times with them and love them there low cost but your not going to need meals and movies etc if its just a short flight, plus he will be too interested in whats going on x

What about London? There's always something to do there! Or alternatively one of those experience days appropriate to their age. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back