• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

16 wk mw appointments?

roxane 1985

Reaction score
got my 16 wk midwife appointment next week, do they still listen to the heartbeat for the first time at this appointment, they did with my daughter 4 yrs ago but someone ive spoken to said this isnt done till 28 wks now

got my 16 wk midwife appointment next week, do they still listen to the heartbeat for the first time at this appointment, they did with my daughter 4 yrs ago but someone ive spoken to said this isnt done till 28 wks now

hiya ive got mine today nervous but my MW said we can listen to heartbeat and think if we had bloods back for example would run through results. I know it lasts about half hour and think they look forward for future scans and scare us with reality are we gonne breast feed? where to give birth? etc lol xx

if i were you ask the mw if she will let you listen as i have read some posts that says it may not be offered as standard by all Mw's xx

yh my last one let me listen as this one is really nice so im sure she will let me, already gone through breast feeding, birthing etc at booking in appointment and already gone through blood result too lol

yh my last one let me listen as this one is really nice so im sure she will let me, already gone through breast feeding, birthing etc at booking in appointment and already gone through blood result too lol

thats gd to hear sounds like you have a nice MW.

I have just switched MW'S so reckon i will playing catch up today, filling her in on everything! xx

I had my 16 wk appointment last week and she checked heartbeat.... It was absoultely amazing!! :) xxx

see i knew i was right, ok going to have a rant now, what pisses me off is when ppl going through exactly the same thing as u and more or less at same stages try and tell you everything, f**ks me off, i could understand if theyd had more kids than me, but both expecting our second and only 3 wks difference. also can not stand the constant comparing of kids and pregnancies

Ignore them all hun. You don't need people like that in your life stressing you out. Just switch off or change the subject when she starts talking, she'll soon get the hint!! xxx

I'm not getting a 16 week app, they don't do it here now cos of the nuchal screening at 12 weeks so that's me till I'm 24 weeks!

just keep thinking, so what she can cut in a straight line or according to medical records she is perfect height and weight for her age, as long as my daughter is happy and healthy i could give a rats lol

I wasn't allowed because they said it was too early and because things were still small they didn't want to not be able to find it and cause me worry, seems like the standard thing here (i was between 15 and 16 weeks). I had to wait til 20 weeks + and book an appt with gp, got mw appt in 3 weeks aswell. xx

Last edited:
I'm not getting a 16 week app, they don't do it here now cos of the nuchal screening at 12 weeks so that's me till I'm 24 weeks!

oh right that is different, yh we see our midwives here as soon as 7 wks then a booking in at home then 12 wk scan then midwife at 16 wks, then 20 wk scan then mw again for a few visits lol

i had my first mw appt at 9 weeks to get notes and stuff, then dating scan (i was 10 weeks), then 12 week scan with the blood test (i was 12 weeks and 6 days) and then 16 week mw appt (i was 15-16 weeks), then 20 week scan, and next mw appt is when i'm 28 weeks.. hmm xx

I had initial group session at 5 weeks, booking in appointment at 8 weeks, scan at 12 weeks, mw appointment at 16 weeks, and I have a scan at 20 weeks and another mw appointment at 23 weeks......This is my first so not sure if it's different for 2nd+ babies xxx

I had initial group session at 5 weeks, booking in appointment at 8 weeks, scan at 12 weeks, mw appointment at 16 weeks, and I have a scan at 20 weeks and another mw appointment at 23 weeks......This is my first so not sure if it's different for 2nd+ babies xxx

with 2nd u get about 7 mw appointments whereas with first its about 10 but u can book more if u want

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back