had my 16 wk check 2day!!!!

foxymum

Reaction score
hi there, had mt 16 wk check earlier, & everything is A ok!! got to hear the heartbeat-very strong too! the mw found the beating of the placenta first (didn't even know the placenta had its own!) then she found my heartbeat, but she said she needed to get round babys shoulders to find his/her heartbeat & there it was!
a lovely sound i could have listened to all day long.

didn't have any blood taken as my chances of abnormalities from the scan (12 wk) were so low that she doesn't need to test aswell.

only downside is here you don't get another mw appointment till you are 28 weeks!! thats not till june for me.

sounds like most of you are having girls, so mine is prob a boy!! not finding out at scan though, found out with my other 2 & want a surprise this time! (i think)
:dance:

Glad to hear everything was ok. No appointment till 28 weeks thats such a long time! Got my appointment next week hope i get to hear heart beat.

Cant believe you are waiting to find out sex I am so impatient I dont think i could! But good on you! x

i'm saying that now though!!! prob be a different story as i get in the scanning room! lol.

what has put me off is my sis-in-law, was told by 3 diff docs that she was def having a boy, she had a few problems thats why she had to see so many docs & 3 days b4 birth they said 'yep def a boy' ..... she had a ....GIRL!!!

since then i've thought i will wait & be surprised on the day.

reckon me & you might have boys to even it up a bit on here, what do you think?

If you're reckoning on you having boys to even it up a bit, can I join in please?????

I already have a girl, my brother has 2 girls (so my parents have 3 granddaughters), and 3 people at work have recently had girls. Now with everyone on here, I reckon I'm odds on to have a boy. I say I don't really mind, but secretly I would love a boy!!

On a different subject, I think it's horrible that care is different depending on where you live. I had my 16 week appointment last week, she did take bloods again, didn't weigh me, but said she wasn't allowed to listen to the heartbeat until I was 20 weeks! And my next appointment will be when I am 21 weeks. :? Why is it so different?? I would have loved to have heard the LO's heartbeat, and I bet you were gutted you won't be able to see the midwife for another 12 weeks.

Tankett.. I am sure you are having a boy..... :wink:

Foxymum waiting until 28 weeks is outrageous!!! but I assume you will have your detailed scan in between so you will be seen by a doctor / obstetrician when they do that.....??!

Yes it seems the care available really is varied.. I don't understand how they can expect anyone to go that long between appointments..

At my hospital & GP it is standard to see m/w every 4 or 5 weeks but with my history she is seeing me every 3.
They only offer 2 scans for sure but can give further ones if m/w recommends them..

Tankett I cannot believe that bulls**t about the heartbeat.. 20 weeks... that is outrageous!!!! And did you get your test results back yet??? :wink:

Anna Marie said:
And did you get your test results back yet???

I daren't ring them in case they're bad after Sam's scare! :oops: I really don't want them to tell me there could be something wrong while I'm at work. I'm doing an ostrich and burying my head in the sand!!

Tankett, if they were bad they'd have rang you by now! I had my bloods done fri and they rang tues night!

I'm sure they will be fine don't worry!

Get this, you think 20 weeks is bad, I was told I have to wait till 27 weeks!!!!! :shock:

I know!!!! :shock:

I think I might have to do some demanding!

Thanks for the reassurance about the tests Sam, I've just actually rang them, and the results aren't back yet!! She said they normally take a week, but I had them done on the 21st and they've not had them back. So I've got to call again Monday.

I knew you'd be ok, if theres something wrong you'd have known straight away! And they'd have phoned you.

I was told at my blood tests that if I don't hear anything, its good news!

Tankett how about me and u swap I have the girl and you have the boy. Really want a girl as o/h wants a boy and so do all his family and they said I WILL be having a boy from the start as thats what they think and thats what goes!!

Actually i dont care what i have.

Foxymum I also have a feeling that me and you will be having the same what ever sex it is. Reckon we will be similar throughout.

hi tankett, yes you can join the que (sp!) for boys, i know 4 girls in this last few months that have had girls, so there will have to be a rum of boys next.

anna marie....yes i will have my detailed scan (21 wks) on the 11th may (ages still) waiting till 28 wks is a joke i know, the m/w said if it was my first baby i would be seen slightly more, but not much.

my family is lots & lots of girls, but dh family is mainly boys, his mum had 5 kids & only 1 of them was a girl!!! the sex does come from the man so looks like i'm gonna have a boy, already have a girl of 9 & boy of 4 so lucky have 1 of each anyway.

waithing that long to hear the heartbeat is a joke too, i know they can do it from 14 weeks, so why make you wait till 20????? :wall:

imwarr.... i reckon we could end up dropping on the same day too, would be cool! shame its not same hosp, the only people i knoe that are pregnant are due b4 me, & my sis-in-law is due in may.

i would secretly like a girl too, although i dont min- as long as its healthy obviously.

only have girls names..olivia.....eliza....amelia....isabelle...
what do you think (truth i dont mind :lol: )

cant aggree on any boys names, what about you?

Foxymum.. Amelia and Isabelle are on my list of girls names.. lovely :) :) I am thinking of Elena Jane for my Bodette .. but I have 20 weeks to think about it and knowing me I will change it a few times before August!! :wall:

Isabelle is one of my girl names too or Franchesca (obviously will have to learn how to spell that one) Filicity like the names they can be shortened to Issy Franky and Flick.

Boy i really like Hayden o/h likes Jayden but i am quite sure i will change my mine.

I really do like your choice of Olivia i would have it myself but o/h wont let me!

anna marie.... thats a nice name too, all the way through my 1st pregancy my little girl (now 9) was chloe, then when she was born we called her georgia!?

its tricky choosing names coz that will be their name 4ever & has to suit them all the way through life.

imwarr..my dh doesn't really like olivia either coz his friends girl is called olivia, but i don't care!!1 he chose our sons name so its my turn again!!

i really like jayden, a friend who had a girl last week had chosen jayden for a boy & jade for a girl

Good on you sticking to Olivia.

Think as I will be the one in paid giving birth and obviously being pregnant I will get the overall say!

Imwarr..its francesca, thats my name, i love it but the only annoying thing is that ppl have always shortened it to fran and frankie and my mum calls me cesca! lovely name but too long for ppl to be bothered to say! lol

me and budge would like to join the queue for a boy,infact we may even push to the front :lol: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back