16 week MW appointment, what happensEdit, i have been

louears

Reaction score
so today i have my 16 week appointment with my midwife, what should i expect today, more blood samples?

i have been, it was a quick appointment, my bloods are good, i am o positive group, my iron levels are good, and i don't have to have the iron injections that i have been having for almost ten years any more :cheer: my weight is good and blood pressure is good too and she said i have a very cute bump :cheer: :cheer: so all you who have your 16 week appointment coming up, don't worry, you only give blood if you are having the triple test, not much else happened

sorry I dont know hun but am intersted in the replies as have mine tomorrow :) Good luck xxx

At mine I gave another urine sample and we listened to the heartbeat. Listening to the hb was nice but it was over pretty quickly. I think the whole appointment lasted 15 mins.

I also gave blood samples for the triple test earlier in the day.

triple test blood samples if you are giving them
she may try to hear the heartbeat some wont as its not 100% this early still and can be tricky to find
go over any questions you have really do blood pressure and possibly weight again not all midwifes do the weight
have fun
xx

pacha said:
sorry I dont know hun but am intersted in the replies as have mine tomorrow :) Good luck xxx
thank you, i will let you know what happens when i get back, good luck with yours too :hug:

chaya5738 said:
At mine I gave another urine sample and we listened to the heartbeat. Listening to the hb was nice but it was over pretty quickly. I think the whole appointment lasted 15 mins.

I also gave blood samples for the triple test earlier in the day.
oh i am taking my urine sample, not having the triple blood test though, i hate blood tests :( it will be nice to listen to the heartbeat with her, we have only heard it at home with our doppler so far, thank you for replying :hug:

Manda&Thomas said:
triple test blood samples if you are giving them
she may try to hear the heartbeat some wont as its not 100% this early still and can be tricky to find
go over any questions you have really do blood pressure and possibly weight again not all midwifes do the weight
have fun
xx
thank you for replying, it sounds like it won't be too bad then, i hate blood tests, so said no to the triple test, hope i don't get weighed, i have gained loads :shock:

Ive got my 16 week one on Thursday :) So do let me know how it goes and Good Luck x

I havnt had ANY urine samples taken yet :? Although i have had only 1 midwife apt and 1 hospital apt.

Laurababs said:
Ive got my 16 week one on Thursday :) So do let me know how it goes and Good Luck x

I havnt had ANY urine samples taken yet :? Although i have had only 1 midwife apt and 1 hospital apt.
i will update this post when i get home, i go at 2 o clock, i haven't had any urine samples taken yet either, i too have seen her once and had 1 scan, i get results from my blood taken from 1st mw appointment, i hope all is ok, good luck with yours on thursday :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back