16 week MW appointment

Sherlock

Reaction score
It was cancelled 15 minutes beforehand as my MW was called to the hospital to attend a birth. Fair enough.

But she wants to try to see my this afternoon at the hospital for my appointment.

Just wondering what the 16 week appointment covers and if there is a *must have* blood test or some such during it, or if I can wait 3 more weeks until she is back from her 2 weeks off (next week and week after).

My BP was taken the other day and was 117/70 and has been as low as 110/60 at the last MW appointment. I've been feeling fine otherwise apart from a small bleed last week and the usual streching pains and really starting to 'feel' pregnant now.

Had been looking forward to the appointment anyways, and would like to try to see her today if its an important one.

its a basic rotuin check you get you wee tested and your b/p they ahve a feel of your belly and some listen to the heartbeat :) and they just generally ask you how you are feeling :) xxx

Yep, its just BP, wee test, feel of your tum and listen to baby's heartbeat. Mine also went though the results of my previous blood tests with me and I got to ask any questions / concerns.

My midwives (there's a different one each time! :shock: ) haven't felt my tummy or listened for a heartbeat yet

Thanks ladies :)

I decided to not worry her as there were two women giving birth and I thought she had enough to do.

I spoke to another MW there and she said to book and see my GP next week anyways, to be on the safe side, and then to see my MW in a few weeks. And if I have any problems before then to of course go see my GP.

So I'll leave it and go next week.

I had my 16 week appointment today - but it was my booking appointment cos they mucked everything up

My mext appointment is at 22 weeks and its with my doctor not the midwife.

i had to see my GP for this. He took my blood pressure, tested my urine, then he found the heartbeat for me. That was it! lovely jubbley, jobs a good 'un.

i had my triple test at my 16 weeks so was fairly important for me , plus i wasnt gonna see her again till 25 weeks and i hadnt seen anyone since a scan at 9 weeks !

Hmmm triple test... Don't think I need one of those if its the one for Down's as I had a Nuchal and bloods and was happy with the results.

Am I thinking of the right one?

yep thats the one , i didnt even have a 12 weeks scan never mine nuchal lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back