16 week Midwife appointment

xNataliex

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask a quick question about my next midwife appointment which will be at 16 weeks.

I know I will have my bloods done for Downs but what else? Will they be listening to baby's heartbeat? :D

Thanks!
Natx

I met my widwife today and my next appointment will be when I'm around 14w3d after my first scan and she said she'll try listening to the heartbeat then.
No point at the minute because bubs is just moving up and out of my pubic area.

If I was you I'd ask her to check whilst you're there. They have all the equipment so I shouldn't see why not.

Charm X

I think it differs in different areas what you have done, but at my 16 wk I had my bloods (inc. downs), plus my weight and fetal length were checked. She also listened to the heartbeat.

Hi Natalie, first of all congratualtions! :cheer:

Yeah at your 16 week scan you'll get to hear your LO's heartbeat, so if you have a mobile that records sounds don't forget to take it with you!!

Hi Nat :wave:
at my 16 week m/w appointment i just got my blood taken and that was it, other than the midwife asking if everything was ok. It might be different for different areas/midwifes though. You might get more responses if you post this in the 2nd or 3rd trimester as most or all of the girls will have had their 16 week app by them, whereas those in the 1st tri wont. :D

Hi

Yes you should be able to listen to the heartbeat my doctor started at around 12 weeks last time.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back