15 week midwife appointment

Penstraze

Reaction score
Had my 15 week midwife appointment yesterday, all good heard babies heart beat for first time that was lovely although took her quite awhile to find it which was bit nerve racking stuborn baby! :shakehead:
I had the blood test for downs so long week hoping phone doesn't ring now! Also found out my blood group is A res neg so have to have the anti d injection, not too worried bout that but asked my Mum if she'd had it she said no shes O possitive, but my step mum has also just had the anti d injection cause shes negative but Dads last blood donnor card said hes A positive is it possible that two positives can make a negative? I asumed one of them had to be negative for me to be, theres no doubting my Dads my Dad we look so alike and my Mum just isn't like that it would be more likely there was a mistake with blood groups.

i think there's something to do with hidden bits on the blood cells that cause a hidden 'pos or neg' to turn up. or something like that anyway.

i wouldn't worry too much, just one of them things i reckon!

i hate that time while your just led there waiting to hear the heartbeat! such a relieve when you hear it

it is perfectly possibly for two positives to have a negative. but two negatives can not have a positive.

Bit of a genetics lesson here, the negative gene is recessive so a person who is positive can have two positives or one positive and one negative. A person who is negative has to have two negative genes.

it seems both you parents have one of each and both passed the negative to you on conception.

it's like two blue eyed people can't have a brown eyed child, but two brown eyes can have a blue.

Sandi

Thanks girls, I did manage to find a good site and explanation which said just the same as you Sandi4paul is all very interesting I loved science and genetics at school! In my booklet on the anti D jab it said about a negative mum with a long term partner who was negative wouldn't need the jab and assumed two positives also wouldn't make a negative and just confused myself and my Dad :oops: (don't worry no assumptions he wasn't my Dad or fallings out just asumed one of other of us had been told wrong blood type) thanks for explaining it all! :hug:

i had my downs two weeks ago and STILL WAITING for the results, phoned again today and no news!

So glad bubs wasnt naughty and you were able to hear the heartbeat xx

I was told yesterday I would hear by phone in 7 days if was bad news if didn't hear that ment everything was good, so no news is good news! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back