13 month old crap sleeper :(

saffydreamer

Reaction score
hello, Omg things have gone from Ok to horrible, Avie used to sleep 7pm until 6am ish with two wakings (bad i know) but bearable, the last 5 nights she wont go to bed until 10pm :wall:
we have tried everything, ive even seen my hv today to get help with controlled crying which we tried tonight, and she cried so much she threw up so bad, so really defeated the object... she may be teething her cheeks are bright red, so i rubbed gel on them and gave her a dose of calpol, nopers still wont sleep, :wall: :wall: :wall:
is this a common thing around this age, or is she a insomniac (sp?)
i really dont know what else to do?
she has 1 nap in the day ranging from 20mins up to 1.5hrs?
off to bed while i can :sleep: :sleep:
i hope so bad someone has a idea or a solution xxxxx :pray: :pray:

Lola's like this ATM as well but i think she's def teething cause she seems to have turned into a little vampire over the weekend :roll: (She's currently only got 6 teeth)
She was also only waking up twice a night but it was about 6 times last night and she was screaming like she was really in pain everytime she woke up :(

I don't really have any advise but just wanted you to know your not on your own :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm in the same position aswell and Jess is the same age as your little girl.
Not found a solution yet but sending big :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: .
Just out of interest can your little one walk? because someone mentioned in the thread i did about developmental reasons viewtopic.php?f=57&t=94585.

We're the same! I was about to post a new thread about it. Ryan's been waking in the night for a bottle, or waking at 5 for a bottle and then going back down, so I wonder why he is more hungry all of a sudden, or if I should be keeping him up later but he's evil after 4pm as won't sleep all day. Its tough too as nursery arent being very helpful about it.
He is growing though as is moving into new sizes in trousers. He's also been very clumsy lately which is a sign of growing and shifting of balance or something like that apparently.

If you find an answer let me know..!!!

Hello to all fellow 13 monthers by the way!! :wave:

yea she is walking, i thought maybe her walking would wear her out.... as if...
this morning wev'e been up since 3.48am which is crap she went down at 7pm perfectly but she woke up three times from then until 3.48am, it makes me major ratty, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Lol shel, Avas a ratbag after 4pm too, i hate the last 3 hours from then till bed haha, and we tried keeping Avie up later and she was miserable and it took ages to get her to bed, over tired i guess, If u find the cure plz plz plz send me it :D xxx

Hi mums to 13 month olds :wave:

Similar thing with nights when LO is teething. Keeps waking up several times an hour. WHen she isn't teething she has started waking up really early at 4am or 5am and can only get back to sleep with milk. No idea why. Sounds similar to little Ryan with that. I don't know whether to feed her more before bed etc either.

She still wakes in the night though but not for long (this week....)

Saffydreamer - when LO can't get to sleep in the evenings, or back to sleep in the night when she is teething, then we normally have to put her in her pram and take her out for a walk. Even in the middle of the night. Controlled crying doesn't work either. Somehow she needs a distraction to get her off to sleep. For about a week we had to go out at midnight with her but it only lasted 2 weeks in total. Then when she was asleep we would transfer her to her cot.

At the moment I think the teeth problem is on a break! but not looking forward to her getting the back ones.

lol we have taken ava out in the pram froze our nuts off, and our area is pretty no-go at night thats desperation for you :lol: if i dont laugh ill cry haha!!!
Ava still only has 2 teeth at bottom and 2 coming at top, i can defo see them coming :(
shes getting grumpy during the day where shes having such crap sleep, which dont help the situation!!
even co-sleeping isnt helping last night i found her in the corner of her room trying to put her wellies on, thankgod my bed is mega low that she dont fall and hurt herself, How long can we go on like this girls i love to :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back