12 week scan photo sharing

kaz1983

Reaction score
Hi all hope you are all well and having a good evening

Just a wee bit of a vent I suppose.....

sister in law was round the other night and we were talking bout my 12 week scan. I asked her if her dads fone accepted pic messages so we cud send him a pic of 12 week scan before we announce to the world on facebook.

She said that her mum (my mil) did not want the photo on there and although I didnt lose it with her I said in no unertain terms that it was our photo we could do what we wanted with it and both hubby and I are wanrting to shout it and show it to all that we are going to be parents. I told SIL that I wasnt going to stop hubby putting it on facebook as we have both been itching to do this for weeks as a few of our friends have announced their happy news too.

Just wondering if it was the right thing to do in telling her we would be doing as we wanted with the photo?

Thanks xx

I put mine on. Why would they be against it?? They must be behind with the times that this is the way people share information these days lol

I put mine on. Why would they be against it?? They must be behind with the times that this is the way people share information these days lol

Thanks Princess81

Both MIL and FIL are on facebook and it is going to be the easiest way to tell everyone and even more so hubby has a cousin in Canada who we have visited so how else are they gonna be kept in the know.

Photo is going on whether it causes ructions or not we are so so happy to be parents to be and I know that there can be undesirable people online these days but only our friends will see the pic and as I said to hubby the minion is in my belly no one would get to it past me xx

I really have little patience for people that give their opinions on things that have nothing to do with them. Is it harming her? Does it offend her? No, then why the heck she thinks she or mil for that fact can dictate what your and your partner want to do is beyond me.

Personally, I would tell her what you intend to do and ask that she respects your wishes. Final.

My OH dad wants to broadcast it on FB - bless him :) But that's not what we WANT and although he doesn't understand why not he accepts it. He was like, don't you want people to be happy for you? Yes we do but it's just a personal choice. I will broadcast it when baby arrives :)

Keep us updated but don't feel bad, this is your moment - not theirs

Xxx

I really have little patience for people that give their opinions on things that have nothing to do with them. Is it harming her? Does it offend her? No, then why the heck she thinks she or mil for that fact can dictate what your and your partner want to do is beyond me.

Personally, I would tell her what you intend to do and ask that she respects your wishes. Final.

My OH dad wants to broadcast it on FB - bless him :) But that's not what we WANT and although he doesn't understand why not he accepts it. He was like, don't you want people to be happy for you? Yes we do but it's just a personal choice. I will broadcast it when baby arrives :)

Keep us updated but don't feel bad, this is your moment - not theirs

Xxx

Thanks Tara

Sister in law is fine with the idea as I hasvent even allowed her to tell her boyfriend as where he works if he blurted it out it would be round the town before we could blink and she totally understands that

I said to hubby that I will be dropping it into conversation next time and if she tells me what she thinks I am more than happy to walk away as I have already said to hubby what has been said even though it didny come from her direct

Bless ur OH's dad he must be well excited but at least he respects your wishes xx

We havent announced it on fb as there's people we still need to tell before it gets put on there!

We havent announced it on fb as there's people we still need to tell before it gets put on there!

Same here - we have a few family members still to tell first which will be done before we announce it on facebook xx

I agree with what other people have said, its your child and therefore everything from here on in is yours and your OH's decision, other people will just have to respect that decision. We announced ours on FB after the 12 week scan, but only after we had told the people we wanted to tell in person first.

I agree with you, stick to your guns as it sends a very clear message that you and your OH make the decisions relating to your own family.

Good luck hunni, keep us posted xx

Thanks chick

Defo sticking to our guns as I have in the past just let people walk over me and I changed ages ago I now say what I want and do what I want and if others dont like it then thats their tough cheddar haha. Roll on a week on Monday when we can both tell whoever we want lol xx

I think I was little hormonal yesterday because I was like a bull in a china shop in my post!!!

I hope things work out with the inlaws and that they understand your point of view and if they don't I really hope they keep it to themselves. It is your decision :)

xx

Just do what you want, we put ours on after telling close friends and family etc, but nobody else can tell you what to do, put it on and enjoy all the lovely comments you'll receive! x:)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

I think I was little hormonal yesterday because I was like a bull in a china shop in my post!!!

I hope things work out with the inlaws and that they understand your point of view and if they don't I really hope they keep it to themselves. It is your decision :)

xx

Tara I dont think your post was like a bull in a china shop though that did make me chuckle lol

Im sure things will be fine and hubby and I are happy with what we doing so roll on the 19th xx

Just do what you want, we put ours on after telling close friends and family etc, but nobody else can tell you what to do, put it on and enjoy all the lovely comments you'll receive! x:)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Thanks Zoe

Its getting really hard now for us to not say anything ie that we are pregnant as the 12 week mark is getting so close now.

Sickness seem to be going which (much as I hate it) i would rather it stayed so I knew minion is still there just till I seem him/her on the scan xx

Do what you feel is right, once all our family and close friends knew and had seen the scan pic, we uploaded it to facebook. Mostly as a way of telling our distant friends and colleagues who we don't seen anymore without having to sent 100's of texts etc.

& it is lovely when you get all the nice comments etc congratulating you. Don't let people sway you if it's what you want do it :)

x

We told close family and friends before 12 weeks and then popped our photo on after our 12 week scan. Your baby, your scan, your photo - simples!!!! No other bugger's business!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back