11 months and has now decided he does not want to sleep

nicola0531

Reaction score
Alex has always been a great baby and now at 11 months and has found his feet he stands up in his cot and screams instead of going to sleep his bedtime routine is 8pm bath and bottle if he falls alleep on his bottle he wakes up with really bad wind and if he stays awake after his bottle he will no longer lie down in his cot, he can sit til 12 or 1am and wants in with me which I would really rather we did not start is it just a phase at this age? is anyone else expieriencing this around this age? :wall:

Im having the same problem with my 16 month old, :(
We have tried controlled crying and she gets in such a state shes sick
she was in a fabby routine, Dinner at 4.30 bath at 6pm story then bottle,and bed at 7pm on the dot, Now shes up until i go to bed say 10.30-11pm, She just dont seem to want to give in to sleep shes clearly shattered, I think her back teeth are playing her up, because im hoping this is a phase :wall: :wall:
xxxxx

Hi hun,

We have the exact same problem! I have cracked his nap times during the day and getting him to sleep at bed time now by using controlled crying, it never worked for us before now and I wasnt even that keen on using the method but by magic last week it took the chance and it actually worked for us :D

Like your LO, My LO had gone from going to bed at 7pm on the dot to staying up way past 10pm, I couldnt understand why. Problem I have now is, when I get him to sleep for bed its fine and have no problems now but if he wakes up in the night at say 1-2am nothing works, controlled crying, rocking him to sleep, nothing works at all, except......a bottle, so we have pretty much taken a 6 month leap back in time and he is having bottles through the night as its the only thing that will settle him + he has to fall back to sleep in bed with us.

When its that time in the morning, I just dont have the energy to try the controlled crying and seems so much easier to bring him into bed with me and OH. I know we are still making a rod for our own back but that is the next issue I will tackle when I have just a little bit more energy! Im around 11 weeks pregnant again and im really feeling very tired.

T xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back