Getting himself to sleep

twinkle84

Reaction score
Sorry I know this has prob been brought up lots and is similar to my baby toddler thread but really need some help specifically getting little one to bed! At the moment bedtime routine is
7pm bath pjs etc
7:30 a story and then bottle!
After bottle I cuddle bab and he falls sleep, take him up around 8pm and sleeps till 8am.

I want to keep the routine but for LO to go in cot awake! I know I've left it late! But what tips do I have for me to try please? Really appreciate any advice xx

We have the Winnie the Pooh sweet dreams lightshow. It projects images on the ceiling and plays lullabies. This always puts Lucas to sleep. If he is taking a while usually stroking the side of his face works. xx

I have this problem Ezzie will only fall asleep in car/pushchair unless being cuddled. I just go along with it. Not much help but didn't want to R&R. xXx

Why not put Him straight down after bottle before he falls asleep? Also if he is so
Tired he will nt wake up, why my start evening routine 30 mins earlier? Also means you'd get more of an evening...

I've been putting Isla to bed awake for months so not sure how she would take to it now if I tried. I struggled back then! Now she goes to bed and rolls over straight away, fingers in her mouth and she's gone in a few minutes.

I'd try a light show or mobile maybe a new routine incorporating it all. We always wind down in her room as well with Cbeebies on her tv. (yes she has a tv already! Lol)

Nice warm drink, cuddles then bed. You never know he might surprise you x

Haha I like the last bit - u never know he might suprise me! He has a Winnie light show but will lay for a few mins and then stands up shouting, then moaning and eventually crying! I've also tried doing it earlier but he just lays in my arms for longer and sometimes resists me if nor tired enough! Am I going to have to do controlled crying? I don't think I have it in me. Any other ways? xx
Poxie pixie I don't mind it as only takes 10 mins to shush him off! I live the cuddles but wondered if he ought to be getting himself off? What happens if he's 5 and still won't go to sleep unless being nursed (lovely to think about though haha) xc

yh I guess I think it's 3 they should be taking themselves to bed. Supernanny me thinks :p I have been watching it alot and her stay in bed technique always works. xXx

You could say though, what if he's 5 and he still needs a light show to get to sleep. Could you rub his back so he knows your there? Stroke his cheek whilst he's lying down? X

I think it was controlled crying we had to do. She loves bed time and we now don't use the mobile so it's light off and fast asleep x

Poxie pixie I love it, wait while 3 and do stay in bed tech haha love super nanny! I said to myself I was going to do it at 7 month 8 month etc oh it be easier to let him cry when he's older?? Mmmm no, it's no easier!!
Hopefulmunmy haha or worst still laying across my lap!! but the stroking cheek and gradually move away sounds good! Only thing is he stand up and arms up!! Do I just keep laying him back down?
Esoames that sounds fab !! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back