11 month old sleep issue

El1en

Reaction score
Good morning ladies

My little lady is over 11 months now and I'm sure some of you know she's never been the best sleeper. However the last two months have been much much better. These days she goes down at 7/730, wakes for a feed at 230 (trying but struggling to knock that off) and then wakes again and comes into my bed at 530 until 7/730

My issue is that she tosses and turns and whines loads during the night. Her cot is next to my bed and regularly she does a little cry and tosses about like she's not comfortable. It's like she's not having a solid deep sleep, anyone have any suggestions?

Sometimes I think it's my oh keeping her awake as he tosses and turns a lot due to eczema but ATM we are lambing on our farm and oh isn't always in the bed as he sleeps on the sofa sometimes so not to disturb me when he has sheep to check and Lo is still doing the same thing

I seem to remember something about children moving more in their sleep than adults. There is supose to be something in your brain that kind of locks your body while you are sleeping so you dont act out dreams but it hasnt fully developed at that age. DD thrashed about constantly in her sleep and was always a bad sleeper. Finally at almost 3 she seems to be sleeping through the night and has gradually gotten much stiller at night. DS is a fairly still sleeper, unless he has a gassy tummy.

Have you considered trying her in another room? My son didn't sleep much as a baby and when he was in with us we definitely disturbed him..... he moved into his own room no problem and I just used to go in with him when he needed a feed or woke up.

She was in her own room from 7-9 months but after a bad cold I couldn't get her out of my bed and it took ages to get her into her cot. She just seems to wake up loads during the night. Maybe in May I will try her in her own room again. I'm not sure if it will work as she has bad separation anxiety but I need to try something

Is she too warm/cold. Lily used to do this when too warm. She also has recently decided she doesn't like blankets and just kicks them off and then wakes as she's too cold so I've switched to a sleeping bag and she's been sleeping much better since xxx

Thanks caseysmummy I have just started to wonder if she's too warm. When she was smaller she used to sleep better that but warmer but maybe that's changed now. The last few nights I have tried alternating between blankets and a sleeping bag to see if it makes a difference- the blankets were just a pain. She had been in a sleepsuits and the sleeping bag but I might try just a vest tonight with the bag

I've been using 2 piece pj's and no vest recently as I always find if my feet are too warm I'm too warm but if I cool my feet I feel better. Hope it works for you hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back