Cramping at 12 weeks

Ragna

Reaction score
Hiya all :D

This is my 6th pregnancy, (five healthy children all grown up) but its 11 years since I was last pregnant this far on & my memory does not go back that far. I lost a baby in Sept 03 when i was 11 weeks pregnant..so you can imagine im totally paranoid and very worried.

I have been getting cramping from the beginning of this pregnancy. Last few days it appears to be worse, although im wondering if its to do with the fact my period would have been due?

I have had no bleeding now, and the tiny amount i did have was nothing to do with the pregnancy. & I had a scan at 9 weeks where a healthy pregnancy was detected, baby exact size, good heart beat and everything was in the right place. Not getting another scan now until 20 weeks.

I just suppose I what confirmation from others that they feel the same so I can relax a little bit.

Thank you all
Ragna xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Ragna.

I'm Kieren, a midwife. I want to reassure you that many women get cramping in the first trimester. They are particularly likely after sexual activity or when your bladder is full. If your cramping were to accompany heavy bleeding...say a tablespoon full then it is imperative to contact your GP immediately.

Try not to worry too much (easy for me to say!) but every pregancy is different. The scan appears to have been reassuring so enjoy your pregancy.

Hope this helps

Kieren

Thank you so much for your fast response.

The cramps feel to be honest like mild Braxton hicks, and come and go on and off all day. Unfortunately :( because of what happened last time, sex has been a definate No No. (well for the moment anyway)

I have spoken this morning to other friends and they have confirmed they had exactly the same and are now in their 20th week. They have said they were worrying the same, but from what i can make out its just the stretching the uterus is doing!

I think you are right and I need to stop worrying and get on enjoying this pregnancy!

Ragna xxxxxxxxxx

just wanted to say WOW! 6 children! i hope everything goes ok, at least you have 5 other babysitters when you want a night out with your husband.

i had a little bleeding for the past couple of weeks, doctors have said everything is fine, i have a second scan this friday just to check.

dont worry to much just take it easy!

good luck

Hello,
Wow, five kids! You lucky thing!
Hope you're feeling better soon.

aWW THANKS for your lovely replys

Well, its gone again now. Still have the occasional cramps but not like I was having that day. Now 13 weeks 2/3 days depending on scan or my dates lol & feeling great.

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back