10 week countdown!!

Hey, how are you? What date is your section? I know it's soon!

I'm currently at the hospital waiting my appointment to see consultant because baby is measuring 42 weeks and 8lbs at 35 weeks :( probably going to give me an induction date I guess. Also have extra fluid around baby now but I do not have GD.
been having loads of period pain and contractions last few days so maybe he comes early by himself anyway. Kinda hoping cos induction is way way more painful lol
Hi! Csect is scheduled for April 5! Eeeeeek! My dr said if I go into labor before that we can do a trial of labor. But I don’t see it happening. Baby girl seems pretty cozy haha. 38 weeks today and I’m so so ready for her to be here. I keep telling her it’s okay to come early.

Im sorry you’re so uncomfortable ): are you positive of your conception dates?? That will indeed be a big baby!

I hope your csection went well?? How's you and baby?

Baby decided to come on HER own (yes a girl, lmao ive always said boy aah) at 37+3. She got stuck as my bladder wasn't emptying property days leading up to birth and her HR dropped to 60 midwife started shouting at me we need to get her out now before we're takes to theater, she emptied my bladder and I got her out pretty much straight after that and she's doing well! The pain of her birth was absolutely awful it was my first 2 births put together. Went in with contractions 7 mins apart, by the time we got to the hospital 4 mins apart, was on the monitor for 30 mins then every 3 mins apart, checked me was 2-3cm they was gonna send me home!!! She said drs are in surgery so go for a walk and come back in a litte bit to see Dr so did that, then contractions werre every 1.5 mins they were still trying to send me home! She said she'll check again but it's only been 30 mins so probably not much change, I was 7cm with bulging membranes so they sent me straight to delivery (imagine if I went home with her getting stuck etc) and she was born on the 11th April at 17:57 :)

Baby decided to come on HER own (yes a girl, lmao ive always said boy aah) at 37+3. She got stuck as my bladder wasn't emptying property days leading up to birth and her HR dropped to 60 midwife started shouting at me we need to get her out now before we're takes to theater, she emptied my bladder and I got her out pretty much straight after that and she's doing well! The pain of her birth was absolutely awful it was my first 2 births put together. Went in with contractions 7 mins apart, by the time we got to the hospital 4 mins apart, was on the monitor for 30 mins then every 3 mins apart, checked me was 2-3cm they was gonna send me home!!! She said drs are in surgery so go for a walk and come back in a litte bit to see Dr so did that, then contractions werre every 1.5 mins they were still trying to send me home! She said she'll check again but it's only been 30 mins so probably not much change, I was 7cm with bulging membranes so they sent me straight to delivery (imagine if I went home with her getting stuck etc) and she was born on the 11th April at 17:57 :)

Ahh congratulations!! Every time I read birth stories of 3rd babies they’ve got some scary element... it doesn’t fill me with confidence being due with #3 in 11 weeks lol. I’m glad it all worked out well and you didn’t end up being sent home x

Omg pb thats stressful but I hope you are both doing great not!

So baby girl decided that she had her own birth plan! We had the c-section scheduled for 1pm on the 5th and starting around midnight the night before I had contractions. They lasted all night, 10 minutes apart. So I called my obgyn at 6am on the 5th and she said come in. When I got there I was already 6cm. At 4:24pm I vaginally delivered my daughter and she was absolutely perfect. Didnt even cry, she was healthy, alert and looking around. We pushed for under an hour. My nurses and doctors were amazing and kept moving me into different positions. I didn't get any pitocin and there were no interventions. Had an epidural, but my contractions up until that point I could breathe through. It was an incredible surprise and couldn't have gone better. Chloe was 7lb 7 ounces of perfect squishy baby. I am suffering from urinary retention. I can only pee if I squat over the toilet and push pretty hard. So thats rough.. but ill take it over surgery recovery!

Omg pb thats stressful but I hope you are both doing great not!

So baby girl decided that she had her own birth plan! We had the c-section scheduled for 1pm on the 5th and starting around midnight the night before I had contractions. They lasted all night, 10 minutes apart. So I called my obgyn at 6am on the 5th and she said come in. When I got there I was already 6cm. At 4:24pm I vaginally delivered my daughter and she was absolutely perfect. Didnt even cry, she was healthy, alert and looking around. We pushed for under an hour. My nurses and doctors were amazing and kept moving me into different positions. I didn't get any pitocin and there were no interventions. Had an epidural, but my contractions up until that point I could breathe through. It was an incredible surprise and couldn't have gone better. Chloe was 7lb 7 ounces of perfect squishy baby. I am suffering from urinary retention. I can only pee if I squat over the toilet and push pretty hard. So thats rough.. but ill take it over surgery recovery!

Omg, congratulations, best news!! (aside from the pee thing, that sounds rather unpleasant). The c-section was obviously just not meant to be. :) You were told she was going to be quite big weren’t you?? Sorry if I’m remembering wrong. I love her name btw x

They said her head
Omg, congratulations, best news!! (aside from the pee thing, that sounds rather unpleasant). The c-section was obviously just not meant to be. :) You were told she was going to be quite big weren’t you?? Sorry if I’m remembering wrong. I love her name btw x
They said her head measured large but the rest of her was average size. Like 90 percentile head and 50 percentile body at 37 weeks. The dr was discussing trying a vacuum because she wasn't sure how much pushing baby would tolerate since her heart rate fluctuated a little. But after a position change and "laboring down" she came out fine without help. I feel so lucky!

They said her head

They said her head measured large but the rest of her was average size. Like 90 percentile head and 50 percentile body at 37 weeks. The dr was discussing trying a vacuum because she wasn't sure how much pushing baby would tolerate since her heart rate fluctuated a little. But after a position change and "laboring down" she came out fine without help. I feel so lucky!

That’s great to hear. Did she have a big head in the end or were they overestimating?

They said her head

Oh wow! Congratulations!! How crazy she really didn't fancy putting you through a csection did she. Amazing lol.
Hope the urine retention resolves relatively quickly for you. Xx

Ahh congratulations!! Every time I read birth stories of 3rd babies they’ve got some scary element... it doesn’t fill me with confidence being due with #3 in 11 weeks lol. I’m glad it all worked out well and you didn’t end up being sent home x
Thanks! Yeah it was just the peeing thing... I didn't know about the HR dropping until after because I was in such a state anyway dealing with the pain and panicking every time a contraction came lol she just kept telling me we need to get her our quickly now.

They didn't say anything about it when she was born so I'm not sure. Maybe her body caught up in the final weeks? Regardless I'm so happy to not be recovering from surgery because I'm absolutely exhausted! I'd be a wreck if I was in pain and not able to function normally.. literally don't think I can take any extra stress right now.

So in love with my girl, doting on her every second but her daddy hasn't been as hands on as I'd hoped. He does things if I ask or if I'm obviously distressed... but its usually just me. He works and I don't so I don't have him do any night feedings. Typically he's gone from 6am-430pm anyway. But when he's here he takes her for 10 minutes so I can pee or eat or wash bottles. Then she's right back in my arms. He says "she likes you better". Yeah? I wonder why lol.. Baby is the sweetest and I think I'm coping well. I'm just so tired. I'd give anything for like 4 hours of straight sleep. <3

Just logged back in haven’t been on for so long.

My third baby arrives, a little girl born 5th April. Thrilled to have a little girl after my two boys and a bonus natural delivery after expecting a c section.

Congratulations on your babies arrivals @PeanutButter and @MysticKitten

I think we are family complete now so no more cycle tracking of obsessing over lines on pregnancy tests!! I could probably fit in one more but my husband is adamant we are done!!

Wow congratulations on these new babies!! :) I remember you getting bfps and how this has flown around! Really happy for you all ... hopefully I’m on that journey now! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back