1 lb a week?

Robyner

Reaction score
Is it right that babies put on a pound a week during the last few weeks? This is what a couple of people are saying to me? According to one of my tickers, weight slows down! Who can me what's right?

Is it right that babies put on a pound a week during the last few weeks? This is what a couple of people are saying to me? According to one of my tickers, weight slows down! Who can me what's right?

im really hoping this isnt true !! lol if it is god help me if it is cuz baby was weighing 3lb last week on the measurements on the scan n iv got just under 11 weeks left haha x

No, thats not quite right. Baby should put on just under half a pound a week but you should put on a pound a week.

Baby at 33 weeks should be just under 4lbs with 3 & a half lbs left to put on over the next 7 weeks.

So at 38 weeks your bubba should put on 1 more lb providing he/she waits til your due date x

Last edited:
I'm hoping its not true as well, I've been googling lol but can only find stuff about mums wight gain, l I just want to know the average of what baby gains in these last few weeks. I was hoping for a 7 1/2 -8 pound maximum when baby comes but baby is 7 now.

Last edited:
No, thats not quite right. Baby should put on just under half a pound a week but you should put on a pound a week.

Baby at 33 weeks should be just under 4lbs with 3 & a half lbs left to put on over the next 7 weeks x

thank god for that!!:dance: lol
not liking the fact we put on a pound a week though!! my god already feel like a house x

Thanks Sarah that's great, was replying just as you replied to thread I think x

Haha I only know as I've been quite obsessed with my little man's weight haha. We have had loads of scans because I've had a problem pregnancy & everytime I also make sure they tell me about his estimated weight ect :) x

Hi girls. Iv heard baby is meant to put on an ounce a day, but mum puts on a pound a week

OMG that scared the sh*te out of me lol. Mine already weighs 4lb 2oz and I've still got just under 9 weeks to go - that would make a 12lb - 13lb baby !!!!! No way would I be pushing that out naturally lmao :lol: xx

OMG that scared the sh*te out of me lol. Mine already weighs 4lb 2oz and I've still got just under 9 weeks to go - that would make a 12lb - 13lb baby !!!!! No way would I be pushing that out naturally lmao :lol: xx

haha this made me laugh x dead right though ! poor lil minkie wouldnt know what hit her lol x

LOL really sorry if I scared people :) I was scared too! Glad to hear it won't be a pound a week for baby xx

At my growth scan (30weeks) my baby measured in at 1568gram making it 3.456pounds. (Which is approx. the right size) according to my midwife. I thought the baby grows around a1/2 a pound now from this stage but you also gain weight because blood is still becoming more, so is e size of the uterus and placenta and also more fat will be put on your body so 1 lb a week is normal to gain. It will go like this until around the 36th week and then the weight gain will slow down a bit.

At 29w6d I had a 4d scan and babys estimated weight was 3lb 2oz.. I had her at 39+6 and she weighed 8lb5oz.. not sure if that helps work it out x

Thanks jilly bear :) I will work this out, i need my coffee first :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back