£248

Pregnot

Reaction score
In total is what I have spent on baby bean and its got me

nursery furniture - cotbed,wardrobe , changing unit all wood from mothercare

pram- mothercare vesta flame red - with car seat

3 way baby carrier - mothercare brand

Tommee tippee full starter kit with steriliser etc...

Fisher price baby monitor

wall art for nursery

2 outfits

bath robe

bath things - top to toe , baby oil etc...

Changing bag the koto from boots :)

I think I'm doing very well :)

Last edited:
Wow u are doing well .

How u manage that ?

So far I've spent £10 on second hand crib and my mum has ordered nursery furniture £297 usually £699

Think I need to write it all down

I'm failing on saving money, oh spent £950 on travel system alone including car seat, and combed with sprung mattress and 8 piece bedding set cost £360 whoops! Haha x

the furniture off a friend £150

the pram second hand but pretty much brand new after I took it to pieces and washed every last bit £25

the carrier second hand but brand new boxed £5

tommee tippee and monitor with Emma's diary vouchers an argos money off £50

Wall art eBay 6.75

thy t the main things I'm a bargain hunter now :)

you know what I always make sure from pet free/smoke free home and so far I've been very lucky

Will be buying brand new mattress and cot bedding but I've saved so much I can get the extra nice set I want -depending on sex scan next Saturday that is!

Nice work!! I have a spreadsheet with all the things we need and iadd prices and dates when we get things. Not got much yet! Xx

it's exciting seeing it all pile up knowing tht at some point il be using it all :)

ahhh I want next Saturday to come quick now

Some great bargains there.

I'm going to start going to boot sales when weather improves a bit. My friends have got lots of bargains in the past.

Becky think u need to start writing things down to lol xx

Omg I'm doing bad ... About 950 on a icandy peach , 450 on cot furniture , 65 on bottles and things , 100 on Moses basket , 200ishh on clothes n shoes , car seat n isobase 150 and much more I must of bought everything oops .. I keep saying its ok its our last baby hehe

My list is

Sliver cross 3D with car seat £15
Cot that turns into a bed £15
Big bag of cot bedding £5
Mahoosive box of girls clothes £30 including postage
Swing £5
Bath stuff ect (shampoo nappies ect) £20
Moses basket £8
And mum got me loads of the above haha
Also family and friends have given us clothes bouncer door frame bouncer gym ect :)

I've done so well but my hand hurts from writing so many thank you cards !! Xxx

Can't see signatures tapatalking

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

Omg I'm doing bad ... About 950 on a icandy peach , 450 on cot furniture , 65 on bottles and things , 100 on Moses basket , 200ishh on clothes n shoes , car seat n isobase 150 and much more I must of bought everything oops .. I keep saying its ok its our last baby hehe

I've spent almost exactly the same... Including the peach (I love it). I'm a useless bargain hunter.

That's really good!
I think the only new thing I have brought so far is nappy cream & nappies :-D

Xx

I'm doing bad aswel :(
299- silver cross pram
125 car seat
70- baby monitors
10- for 2 microwave sterilisers ( in the sale )
30- 3 boxes of nappies
5- box of wipes
50- 2 blankets from mamas and papas
20- grow egg
20- high chair
250- clothes and shoes

Wow uv done so well!! It's obscene the amount I spent with DS but this time round iv learned my lesson, second hand all the way!

You've done well, we've got a gro egg, changing table and matt, cotbed and mattress and a wardrobe so far and it has all cost about £600, still need to get a pram, moses basket, baby monitor etc etc - jeepers!

ive only bought 3 things of babygrows lol. theres really nothing we need. got a toddler bed for DD and thats it

This is what I bought prior to arrival
Moses basket and stand £54.99
Baby changing station with bath £150
Icandy peach £900
Maxi cosi car seat £89.99
Isofix familyfix base (for carseat) £139.95
Baby bouncer £45
Lots of Lamaze toys £30
Furniture £350
Bath chair support £20
Breast pump £99.99
Steriliser £30.00
Bottles £30.00
Baby monitor with sensor pad £79.99
Pillow to prevent flathead when sleeping £20.00
Theraline Breast feeding pillow £44.95
That's all the main bits any way not including Hundreds of clothes, socks mittens, nappies, wipes, shampoo, body wash sudocrem and all that sort of thing.

It doesn't stop there lol my baby is 7 months old (adjusted age 4 months) these are the items I bought since he has been born.
Baby gym £61.00
High chair £99.99
Tummy time mat with pillow £24.99
Playnest with gym £35.99
Baby swing £119.99
Bumbo and tray £44.99
Buggy toy bar £24.99
Next stage car seat to fit isofix base £159.99
Lots of teething and stimulating toys.
Too many clothes to list
It's never ending, before his birth I spent a fortune and after I continue to spend a fortune but I think we have everything now :)

Luckily he was born before x mas so we asked people for things he will need throughout the year. He got a baby walker (that he sits in) a baby walker (one that you push) projecting cot mobile, tummy time spinner, another buggy arch, musical tummy time mat and other bits he will need until his birthday.

I am now pregnant again and literally all we need to buy is a second stage isofix base for the car seat and another cotbed and that's it. I already bought adapters and seats to make my peach a blossom when we started trying. So sounds a lot but divided by 2 isn't bad! X

Last edited:
Wow you have done well! I was lucky with DS because in laws bought our pram and my parents bought the cot so that was two expensive things we didn't have to worry about. My weakness was clothes, I bought a lot but I did get most in the sales so I didn't feel guilty about it. It's time round we really don't need much at all. Obviously as she is a girl I will have to get some pink things and create a girly nursery hehe but all the big stuff we have. I really admire people who manage to budget so well. Because we don't have much we need to get I've already deciding that justifies me spending more on furnishings for the nursery and an electric breast pump! Oops, guess I'll never be saver of the year! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back