Your pregnancy story

xmcnickyx

Reaction score
I was just reading this thread in 3rd Tri and was interested in it but didn't want to post in Tri 3 (in case they all hit me with their big bumps :D )

What's your story? I'll leave mine for now as it's a bit of a bummer but it'd be nice to know how all your bumps came to be :)

i'll keep this really short. in january i was suffering really bad with sciatica i was in agony it took me half an hour to get into the taxi to take me to casualty. on being examined the doc said i needed a muscle relaxing injection in my bum and asked if i was pregnant. we were not TTC and i had recently had my period so i said i suppose there is a slim chance but i very much doubt it, to which he said do you mind if we test you real quick. i replied no of course, so i peed on a stick :) and quite smugly handed it back to him. after 2 mins he started writing in my notes and walked away, then a nurse came up and handed me a prescription for paracetamol and told me to come back the next day, she could see the disappiontment on my face and asked what was the matter, so i told her i wanted the injection to which she said 'you can only take paracetamol, we would give you co-dydramols but doc doesn't like giving pregnant ladies coedine' well i nearlly fell off the bed, i wasn't disappointed, just really shocked. i phoned my OH there and then and all he said was 'you silly girl' :x

lol i was justa bout to storm the thread and manhandle you and bumpage back to the third tri !!!

Then again seeing as i read this thread i think im comfy here too, can deny i have to actual give birth in 2nd tri, cant in 3rd when theyre popping all over the shop !!

Keeping mine short too!

My partner had a bad virus over the Xmas period - I thought i had caught this 'virus' off him around New years so i went to the doctors so he could give me some anti botics to which he asked if there was any chance of me being pregnant - i just said no as i havent been on the pill for at least 2 years and me and my partner have not been 'careful' in the years so i assumed there was something wrong with me (that i couldnt get preg) He asked if i minded if he did i test which i did. He called me back into his room I knew something was up as normally the nurses would just say to go home it was negative. I sat down in his room and said 'Your Pregnant' It was such a shock to me!!! Discussed it with my partner and although the baby wasnt planned he is very wanted!!! :D

I'll try to keep it short but I'm rubbish so it will probably be war and peace!!

I married my DH in June last year and because we knew we wanted to try for a baby straight away we'd come off the pill in the previous November. As soon as we got back from honeymoon we got down to it. After 4 months of getting nowhere I started charting my temps and using OV sticks etc etc. After another 4 months we went to the docs and told a little white lie and said we'd been trying for 12 months to get tests started. I'd had my bloods done at CD3 and CD21 and we were waiting for an appointment for DH. I had a really bad cold and was off work for a few days and I knew my AF was due in 3 days time and out of sheer boredom I did a test......it was positive!! :shock: After doing so many negative tests I was convinced it was faulty because I was testing early and I didn't use a FMU. I rang DH and told him but just laughed it off saying it was typical we'd get a faultly test now we've started tests!! I tested again later that day with two differnt makes of tests and they were both positive too so I started to believe it then!! I rang DH and we were both just crying on the phone, it was so exciting..... we just can't wait for bean to arrive now

That wasn't too bad by my standards!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well me and OH decided to have another baby in January!
At the time I had the pill implant and was also taking cerazette!
In Feb I had the implant removed but still took the cerazette as I "planned" to get pregnant in the summer! (was hoping for a spring 2009 baby lol) Anyways everyone kept saying to me that it takes a few months for your body to get back to normal after the pill and implant so I thought I would come off the pill and just avoid BD around ovulation!
Well i didnt bleed after I finished the pill so presumed I still had the hormones in me :roll: in March just by chance i decided to do a test! BFP! I shown OH and he was like "what does that mean??" lol (yes after all the other kids he has he still doesnt know how to read a pg test lol) I said yes and he gave me a big love and was beaning! :D

Glad you have brought this up as I am really nosey!

Mines not so happy but has a nice ending... if you can be bothered to read it all!

We had made the decision that we did not want any more children. I had suffered quite severley with PND after Ds was born, DS was independent, our finances were better, we had advanced in our carreers and basically we didnt want to have to do it all again with a new born.

As far as we were conserned our family was compleate and on that basis DH had had the snip. I was always very paranoid about becoming PG and his sterilization had made me relax a tiny bit.

I was actually looking into becoming a surrogate as it was something I had always wanted to do and had started to look at potential couples we could help through an agency. This meant that I was in the mind set any babies I may have would definatly not be additons to our family and i had mentally prepared myself for the fact that I would carry someone elses LO for them.

I had annual leave for half term which was also my DS birthday. During this week I had to support and counsel my best friend as she had found out she was PG under horrible circumstances. I sat for hours supporting her, chatting about options and finally agreeing that for her situation she was right to have an abortion.

at the same time my sister was PG (exactly the same dates as my friend) and her pregnancy was very much wanted, she was experiencing bad bleeds and desperatly clinging onto this baby. I had accompanied her to several emergency scans and watched her heart break when they tried to find a heart beat. Im pleased to say now baby is very healthy.
and she is due two days after me!!

I was exhausted dealing with these extream mixed emotions, I love them both dearly and their situations were so different it was a realrolercoaster!

I was sat with my sis one afternoonand looked down at my boobs and thought bloody hell they are really pointed!! I started to feel really sick iconstantly and had not had a period since before xmas. I thought it was the emotional rollercoaster I was going through and sympathy pains!:think: Hubby brought a test as I was getting suspicious about my symptoms, but I didnt want to be paranoid so hoped the symptoms would vanish without the need to test, I had also recently come off the mini pill and coil I had (told you i was paranoid!!) so I procrastinated in taking the testincase it was hormone cahnges from that.

One morning I decided whilst DH was still in bed to take the test and it was instantly BFP. I couldnt cope with the result, I sat and cied until DH got up and it took me ages to tell him what was wrong, he instantly said we should have a termination as we clearly had no plans for another LO. He was quite flippant about it, which is basically how i was with my friend, but this was alot more complicated than that. I cried constantly for 2 days and was so ill with MS walked around like a zombie.

We booked a termination as it seemed the right thing to do but some thing kept making me question the decision, the day before the date it was booked, we went to a restraunt and talked about pros and cons and agreed to keep this LO as that option made me cry the least I called the GP in the morning and cancelled the termination.

Everyone that knew about the situation (and it was a few as I was so upset and ill) was so relieved as they all seemed to think we should have this LO.

It took alot of mourning our old plans to get over the fact that we are having another child which might seem selfish to those that have been TTC for along time but I hope you understand slightly why I felt this way. It took several weeks for me to stop crying and be able to talk to other people about the pregnancy, or rather the fact we were having a baby. someone saing congratulations would make me a hysterical mess until I had my head around it.

I have also had to get my head around having a girl as (due to my childhood) I have been Very paranoid about abuse and have always stated that I would find it very hard emotionally to try and protect a girl.

We are now VERY Happy to be having another LO and am looking forward to a girl (especially as there has not been a girl in my husbands family for generations) we have decided that this LO definatley wanted to be with us and it is obviously fate that she is coming into the world. I dont regret having the emotions I did as it confirms we have made the right decision to keep this lO and I actually think that in the long run she is more wanted than any child we may have TTC as the easier option would have been to kept that appointment and crried on with our lives.

:shock: Sory its so long but its a complicated story!!

aramintalovegrove said:
aramintalovegrove's story

I always wonder what happened with you when I look at your signature :)

My husband and I had planned on trying to get pregnant this year but I had a lot of weight to lose and wanted to lose more before we started trying. Had lost 4 stone and wanted to lose another 4 before TTC.

Anyway I came off the pill in January because of non stop bleeding with it and we'd said we'd use condoms. I had one period after coming off the pill. We went to Gambia for my SIL's wedding a few days after my period started. I took condoms but thought I wouldn't need them because I thought I knew when I'd ovulate. I was a bit wrong and ovulated early.

So about a month after we got back I was about to go pick my husband up from the match and realised that my period was probably due so got a pregnancy test just to stop my paranoia. As soon as I dipped it in the pee it was positive and I just kind of looked at it, burst out crying and ran out to the car with it in my hand to go pick the OH up.

I cried all the way there and when he got in the car and saw me asked what was wrong. I blurted out 'I'm pregnant! I don't want to be pregnant!' and cried like a big baby. When I think about that now I laugh though.

We had a talk about it and at first I was dead against it. I didn't want to be a fat mum. I didn't want the problems that went along with being overweight and pregnant. My husband, usually so pro-life, agreed with me that if I didn't feel right about anything that he'd stand by me. I had decided on a termination after a couple of days.

I was speaking to my husband and I asked him 'How do you feel' and he said 'I'm ready to be a dad' and I realised that terminating for the sake of a few stone wasn't a good enough reason so we decided to go ahead with it. We'd both been thinking about how it'd probably take us forever to concieve when we decided to and the fact that it had happened so easy must have been for a reason. So we decided that we'd keep Whitey (our pet name for it)

We're both trying not to get too excied until we've been for the 20 week scan but it's hard sometimes.

Turns out that my Sister in Law got pregnant while we were in Gambia too! So she's due 4 days before me. I always wanted my kids to have close cousins. My sister is due in September so Whitey will have 2 cousins of the same age. :D

xmcnickyx said:
aramintalovegrove said:
aramintalovegrove's story

I always wonder what happened with you when I look at your signature :)

Bit too long to explain in a sig but feel it needs a mention!

Needless to say hubby is in for a re snip and I will be sterilised ASAP after the birth as I can handle no more little suprises!!

Its pretty scary!! :shock:
We have decided that Joe should have the snip after this LO! We do not want anymore and Oh certainly doesnt (he has other children from previous relationships too)
How likely is it that that happens if you dont mind me asking? Is it rare?

Me and OH have been together 3 and a half years and getting married next summer! (not set a date yet though) We were trying for 15 months before I fell pregnant. I never thought it would happen because of an operation OH had to have when he was younger and doctors said it might not be possible (we proved them very wrong!) We have always wanted children and to think we wouldn't was awful. Anyway I'll get to the point! It was january this year and I was due on my period. I was 4 days late which was unusual in itself because I'm never late, regular as clockwork but I put it down to stress. I was feeling like I was about to come on (cramps, irritable, sore boobs etc) didn't know then that these were also signs of early pregnancy! I wasn't going to do a test because of the disappointment in the past but OH convinced me in the end. So we went out into town to boots and bought a test. I did it in the shopping centre toilets because I just wanted to get it over with. The way I saw it was if it was going to be more disappointment then I didn't want to have to wait longer than I had to if that makes sense! So I went to the loos, OH waited outside, did the deed and waited........ then the positive line came up!! I couldn't beleive it, thought I was dreaming and I just sat there. Then when it sunk in I legged it out the toilets (didn't even wash my hands, how discusting!) and I said to OH "its positive, I'm pregnant, we've done it". He picked me up and swung me round and said at the top of his voice "I'm gonna be a dad", we must of looked like right looneys in that shopping centre! Showed OH the test and then remembered I hadn't washed my hands so went back to do it!! We went home, told all our family and friends, most people were happy for us. Then the morning sickness started :evil: But now I'm blooming and glowing and we are both REALLY excited and can't wait to become parents. Right I'm gonna stop boring you all now! Its so great to read everyones different stories, really interesting!

lea m said:
Its pretty scary!! :shock:
We have decided that Joe should have the snip after this LO! We do not want anymore and Oh certainly doesnt (he has other children from previous relationships too)
How likely is it that that happens if you dont mind me asking? Is it rare?

Very rare, but not impossible as the tubes sometimes re-fuse thats why they do two rounds of testings after.

TBH my hubby thinks he has some kind of super human gonads which he brags abut to the boys :roll:

I am going to do the extra precaution of being 'done' aswell because I will be extra parinoid this time!! but there is no need usually I may also ask to tie his tubes personally next time, double knots me thinks!!

aramintalovegrove said:
I am going to do the extra precaution of being 'done' aswell because I will be extra parinoid this time!! but there is no need usually I may also ask to tie his tubes personally next time, double knots me thinks!!

LMAO :rotfl:
Well hopefully it will work for Joe and I think I will take cerazette still too lol! I dont like periods lol so two birds with one stone lol! :D

ill keep mine short too.

my friend had come round at about 10am on 28th jan this year with 2 preg tests as she thort she was preg.
She asked me if i could do one with her for a laugh as she was nervous , but as mine came out positive i was really shocked as my period wasnt even due.
I got dressed and fetched 3 more and they all came out positive, my friends was negative i thought we ad them mixed up lol
xxx

i posted mine in 3rd tri as over there soon.. but will put mine here as well :lol:

What a lovely thread its soo nice to hear other peoples experiences.

Mines a bit up and down but here goes..

I have a son already and we thought we would try for a brother or sister around a year after ours sons first brithday. I found out was pregnant but m/c at around 6 weeks in march. Left it again to GP's advice and fell again in the June was admitted to hospital in july with Ectopic pregnancy and lost left fallopium tube, again to to leave it for recovery after seeing consultant in October told ok to start again late October preggers again at this point we were thinking surely after all that had happened we deserve a break.. but no lost again at the end of November.

Without sounding crude had NO sex until 1st Jan 2008 and that was the once as both me and hubby not that interested in it tbh.. had a follow up consultant appt on Mon 7th Jan and they tested me as routine it came back negative on the friday 11th I said to my hubby I dont feel right and asked him to get me a couple of tests from Tesco his reply was "you cant be you were only tested monday" anyway he relented and brought two home and I stuck them in the bathroom and decided to give it another couple of days on the sunday morning decided to do a test.. so did my business left it and walked away to make him a cup of tea in bed. After walking back upstairs and handing him his tea went back to bathroom and there it was a faint but recognisable line.. with this i wallked into our bedroom and launched the PT at him and said "can you look at that pls".
His face was a picture..

Anyway we did not get excited about the news as we were expecting the worse.. i had early pregnancy scans but it wasn't until I had my scan at 12 weeks we accepted this pregnancy as LO had a great HB and developing right.

Sorry this is so long you most probs are all now.

Its nice to hear other people's stories, so I'll add mine too, sorry if its a bit long!

After Lucy was born it took 2 years before we felt ready to try again, I'd had a section, changed jobs and the timing just didn't feel right. It was something we talked about often as we didn't want a huge gap between our children so in the end we decided to "stop preventing" which wasn't a huge issue because we were just using condoms. So silly me was thinking that it could take a few months of "trying" before we got lucky, well yea right, I was pregnant right away and happy about it if a little surprised at our luck! I was a little bit worried as I'd only been in my job about 6 months and wondered what people would think but as I told my friend, you can't put your life on hold for others.

So I told my friend at work and while she was happy for me personally I could tell she was concerned about the amount of work etc that would probably fall to her.

I kept it quiet because I didn't like anyone else at work enough to tell until my scan. Unfortunately at my 12 week scan in October we found out that the baby had died at 7 weeks. Me and OH were both gutted and decided to try again after my next period. I thought at the time that because I'd got PG so quickly the previous 2 times that it would be quick again this time. It wasn't, and I learnt the hard way about testing early. My cycles were different every "month" being anything between 28 and 35 days. In the meantime my friend at work had started TTC, and then in March she told me that she was pregnant. I felt such a mix of emotions from being happy for her to being sad that she had what I wanted and what I now thought I would never have.

You see the way my mind works I thought that we couldn't both be lucky, we couldn't both have what we wanted. So as my period drew closer I refused to look at what was staring me in the face, refused to acknowledge or think anything vaugely pregnancy related. I noticed I had ovulated, which looking back I don't think I had since the M/C but other than that I started to focus on getting my cycles back on track and healing from the miscarriage.

I had no idea of when to expect my period but decided to go on the longest cycle of 35 days.... it drove me mad you know counting everyday once I'd got to 28 days, 29, etc. My friend agreed and helped me to wait as slowly we watched me start to feel sick, and my boobs ache but I still couldn't, or wouldn't allow myself to have hope. Eventually on day 34 I couldn't wait anymore so went and bought a test at lunch time, I waited till I got home and did the test. I couldn't believe it when I looked and it was very clearly positive.

Its not been easy because every day since then I've been waiting for something to go wrong but every day my confidence is growing and we're thrilled to bits, and what's even better is I have my friend who is 4 weeks ahead of me and my SIL who is 2 weeks ahead.

My parents had a similar experience to you aramintalovegrove, my mum had her tubes clipped and they'd decided they didnt want any more babies, carried on as normal, then my mum had a routine smear test.

They said they found abnormal cells and her and my dad went up to the hospital for tests etc and we were all worried it was cancer (i was only 9 but i still picked up on the fact something was wrong so they told me in as little detail as possible).

They got the shock of their lives when an internal scan showed a tiny lump of cells and a heartbeat. I know they considered termintation, just like you did, its a big shock when you know you dont want any more, but they kind saw it as fate, that little bean had made it through despite their attempts against it.

I'm seriously gatecrashing from 3rd tri now lol (i keep thinking i've only just left) but my story isnt a happy one, to start with anyway.

Basically i'd met Phill through work, we were opening a new store and id finished uni for the year so was working full time. After a few weeks we started talking and flirting. My OH was still living and working in reading so i was a bit lonely during the week, we'd just got back together after i'd spent a year with a guy who treat me like cr*p, he wouldnt let me out with friends or anything. So Phill asked me to go for a drink with him, i knew i shouldnt, but he was so charming and fun (and attractive) and in the end i went. We hit it off immediately and got very drunk and kissed.

Then i went on holiday with OH and we argued a lot as he knew what had happened (i cant hide things at all), all the time Phill was being charming and when we got back we went on a break and i started spending more time with Phill. Things wearnt too bad, i still got on with Dave (OH) and was enjoying being totally carefree with Phill. That is until i realised my period was late.

After 3 days i tested, hadnt mentioned it to anyone as i was too scared, and got a BFP on 3 tests, then i went to the doctors and they convinced me it was true. Phill was still being nice at this point, but i was bricking it when it came to telling him, he wanted me to have an abortion but i knew i couldnt, i then went and told Dave the same night and he was (understandably) pretty upset and pissed off, but he knew i'd keep the baby.

After the first day Phill started saying he wanted the baby, this lasted a week, then he didnt talk to me for a month, then he came back and i tried to forgive him as it had been a big shock, we we're getting on well, until i found he'd been cheating, and telling people he was only talking to me cos of the baby, sending us all the same msg's etc, and he was never interesting in the baby, he would also make comments at times about how he couldnt have had an abortion for me and id basically forced him to become a parent. At 32 weeks i left work, i told him on this day that i didnt want him near me, and if he wanted to be around his daughter he'd need to sort his life out, stop the drugs, stop stealing, stop drinking so much, and show he cares about her. I havnt heard from him since, but he's recently been sacked from work for not showing up.

Dave however has been there for me every step of the way, he was there when we first found her HB on the dopler, he was the first to feel her kick, he massages my back when it hurts, rubs oil in to my belly, talks to her, came to antinatel appointments and will be there for the birth.

Sometimes i look back and think that just 2 months earlier i'd had a pregnancy scare with Dave and how different today would be if i'd actually been pregnant then. I threw away a lot messing around with Phill but for some strange reason i've been given a chance to have it all again, just in a slightly more complicated manor. I wouldnt change my baby or my life for anything, she'll always know who made her, but she'll also know who was there from day one and who loves her

Loving this thread and hearing everyone's stories :) Here's mine (probably a bit long!):

I came off the pill in about June/July last year as I was concerned I had problems with my periods that the doctors had never investigated. I'd always had a very erratic cycle, a lot of pain and a lot of extreme hormonal symptons which were simply solved by putting me on the pill when I was 16 and although I felt much better I was concerned that there was some underlying problem that the doctor's had not considered. So I came off the pill, thinking that I would go to the doctors once my periods had returned.

Unlike when I've come off the pill in the past, I had a period straight away the next month (the last time I took a break from the pill it took a good 6 - 8 months for my periods to return). They then returned but it could be 6 - 8 weeks between my periods so I didn't know when I was expecting them! I guess I was not as careful as I should have been, but deep down I honestly thought that I would have a hard time conceiving and that the pill was still in my system etc etc...

So mid January I knew I was expecting a period but it didn't arrive. Naturally given the nature of my cycle I didn't even think twice about it, assuming it would turn up when my body was good and ready. By the lastt week of January I started to develop nausea. I mentioned it to my colleague one morning when I was struggling to drink a cup of tea and he asked me if I thought I could be pregnant. I said I didn't think so. Then I thought about it again and said maybe, I don't know! He pestered me all day to get a test and made me promise to text him once I knew the outcome. I didn't do a test that day because I was convinced the lady in the chemist was giving me dirty looks :D When the same thing happened over my cup of tea the next day (29th January) I thought I ought to bite the bullet and do a test. My partner had gone home for a few days so I had the flat to myself. I peed on the stick and straight away the test showed positive. I thought that was weird as it hadn't happened that way when I'd done tests in the past. I thought maybe the line would fade and go away so I left it in the bathroom and went to have a cigarette (I quit the very next day, don't worry!). 10 minutes later I returned to the bathroom to pick up the test and it still said positive. I freaked out :lol: My colleague phoned me and told me to calm down and breathe, haha! Then I called my mum and that's when it hit me, I burst into tears and started shaking, I felt so scared and I was so worried what my partner would say as he was in his final year of university and in a lot of debt and we didn't envision having children for another 5 years or so. I went to the doctors the next day who confirmed the pregnancy for me, which made it all real. I made it through the week and on the Friday I came home to see my partner to tell him the news. We were sitting on his bed when I told him and at first he was devastated :( Naturally he was wondering what we would do and how we would manage...it was a lot to take in. We had a tense 2 days where he asked me if I would consider terminating the pregnancy. I said no, we had a lot of tears and it was really heartbreaking. We told his parents on the Sunday and Will had a few tears with his mum and talked things through. After their little chat he felt a lot better about things and we decided to go ahead with the pregnancy. We toasted our baby at the dinner table and have looked forwards from then on. He could not be more excited about our daughter now :D He loves to feel her moving in my tummy and tells everyone he's going to have a daughter, and we are stronger than ever. What's really nice is the baby is due 2 days before our 4 year anniversary, so September is going to be a really special month for us :cheer:

Sorry that was so long!

C xxx

abcd1234 said:
My parents had a similar experience to you aramintalovegrove, I know they considered termintation, just like you did, its a big shock when you know you dont want any more, but they kind saw it as fate, that little bean had made it through despite their attempts against it.

Thats how we feel now to.

Thanks for sharing that story makes me feel less of a biatch for being so dramatic when it happened

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back