• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your nursery

nikkif

Reaction score
We are painting the nursery next weekend and have our furniture ready at home now waiting to be assembled after that. I was just being nosy and wondering where you were all at with yours and what themes you were having?!

Our nursery (the 3rd bedroom) is very small as we are keeping our 2nd bedroom as a spare double for guests while we only have 1 baby, so we are limited for space. We have the ollie and mollie bedding from Next and can't wait to get it all sorted!

Nikki x

My daughter will have a jungle themed room in lemon and other pastal colurs, very pretty, but could be a boys too with more masculine furniture.
Its a mixture of the babies rus stuff asnd a few mothercare ones too and im veyr chuffed with it all.Did it cheaper then i thought as well

My nursery is boring i think..

winnie the pooh wall paper with border, with lots of winnie the pooh pictures..

cot and a set of drawers.. thats all i can get in it...

well iahevjungle theme fiona, but i still have disney charcters to go in there and the pics from stephensd room.

Weve got Eden Green & Almond White on the nusery walls and decorated with the Nostalgia range by Mamas & Papas - in my opinion though you need a really large nursery/room to get away with that design, I think it would be somewhat over powering in a small nursery. Cream carpets, blue rug and blue accessories. It's stunning!

Hey,

We're just finishing ours off over the next few weeks - we haven't gone with a theme and have stuck with the same fairly new neutral dark purple carpet and magnolia walls and plain pine furniture. I hate fuss so I love it!

I'll post some pics here once it's finished - still got a wee bit to do first, including washing and ironing the baby clothes, blankets and nappies; buying a bookshelf and finding places for the last few bits and pieces.

I'd love to see pics of yours if any of you have finished!

Love

Valentine xxx

We rent our house so can't paint it. I've got a lion poster to go up in there, and after pay day going to look at getting some of the 'stikarounds' that peel on and off the wall and aiming for a jungle/animals effect.. but we don't know what we're having yet!

We've got a changing mat and bouncer from boots with a purple elephant on, and the other stuff is all just a mix up of different colours really, whatever people have given us lol. The cot's in dark wood, and if we get any more wooden furniture it'll be dark too, just cos we prefer it really.

Sorry, that's not a very helpful answer!!

m

We've gone with a teddy design in our nursery .

DH painted the walls a lemon colour and we brought a teddy boarder off ebay it's like the blue jeans bear boarder and we went with a biscuit coloured carpet.

Then we had our curtains made for us with a teddy design on them.

We've gone with light furniture (pine) and a changing mat that is fixed on the wall to save on space.

We also brought a teddy shaped light off ebay which glows a neon blue to protect the babys eyes when they have just woke up.

ooh yes any pics would be great for inspiration!!

Hi

We have whinnie the pooh for Kiara and Kadyn is currently rooming with us until he is 6 months and by that time we are hoping to be moved and not sure how we will do up his room?\Have fun with yours :D
Katrina

ooh yes any pics would be great for inspiration!!

You possibly don't want to look at mine for inspiration! This week we were delighted that our nursery finally has a roof! :shock: Don't worry - baby won't be sleeping in this just yet. It will have plaster, doors and electricity by the time I've finished with it too - hurray! It will eventually be lemon yellow, it is such a sunny bedroom it will be lovely when it's done :D . Should be ready for baby and us in about 2 months, so only 2 months late, at double the original estimated cost :shock: :shock:

IMG_3784.jpg

PS the burly builders will be gone too by the time we move in :lol:

We only have a small 2 bed house so LO is going to be with us for 6 months then we are going to 'swap' all the stuff in the spare room (ie desk) with the babies stuff making it a nursery then. its a nice cappucino (sp) colour so we're thinking a nice teddy boarder or something. In our room the cot has some cute ikea pics above it

ikea.jpg

Our nursery is the "office" at the moment and we aren't changing the decor as it's very neutral, pale wood flooring, ivory painted walls, no pictures etc. We've got some Winnie the Pooh stickers to put up and will have natural cream furniture, chair bed with a wood cot. Actually it all sounds a bit dull really... but it's not that bad. When my older son goes to Uni it's likely the baby will move into his room and then we'll have a big redecorating job to do.

We don't have a nursery baby will be in with us till we manage to move so hes stuck in a lemon and pine grown up room till then lol

We're having a surprise so we've gone for yellow walls with those little stickers that peel off they've got little teddy bears and rabbits on them. We got a yellow blackout blind and have just sanded the wooden floor and stained it a medium oak. We still need to buy a rug put together all the furniture.

smurf - where did you get sticker s with rabbits and bears on? its just that our ollie and mollie bedding is rabbits and bears and we havent found any stickers like that anywhere

x

Our nursery is wood floors and white walls, and I've picked very neutral bedding, curtains, etc. (Lollipop lane Teddy's Cottage in white, and Izziwotnot White Waffle Gift bale) - hubby thinks at this point it's going to be very plain, but I wanted all white because I'm bringing colour in from other things - we're having 26 large rainbow coloured wooden alphabet letters on the walls, I've picked toys and accessories (fun cushions, mobiles, toys etc.) that are bright, primary rainbow colours, so that nothing will clash with the decor.

When i have a house off the council il let you know exactly what my plans are, I have a feeling stephen and his sister when shes here!, will have to share aroom as the council will only give us a 2 bed place.So will probably do it up in lemon or somethong

we have winnie the pooh. walls are half yellow half blue with the pooh border.
i would take pics but theres a mattress in there at the moment and cant get in :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back