Your least favourite names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Londoner Claire

Reaction score
Well we have a favourite names thread, how about a least favourite.

Mine are

Girls

Imogen
Siobhan
Abigail
Martha
Gabrielle (gobby Gaby it makes me think, sorry)

Boys

Oliver
Alistair
Gordon (sounds geeky)
Philip (as above)
Lance (another geeky)The others I think sound too posh and remind me of snooty people I know.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

i hate the name kayliegh when i was at school there were 3 in my class
oh and the name leanne my ex's new girlf :rotfl:
oh and dan my ex :rotfl:

Most it looks like as it reminds us of people. :rotfl:

lol @ Kevin, I don't like that either.

Sometimes I feel really sorry for people who dont like their names..... Perhaps all of us should take a leaf out of sonny from Big Daddy and let the child pick their own name. "Am going to let the kid make choices, what do you want to be called?" ..... "Frankenstein".... "Ok thats your name"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lainey said:
Great post :rotfl:

GIRLS

:x TAYLOR (Chavvy every 14 yr old chav in my town calls their kid that)
:x MORGAN (Chavvy same as above)
:x GEMMA (I know a girl who lies compulsively)
:x MELANIE (Girl who stole my ex - not that am bothered now)
:x JODIE

BOYS

:x RONALD (I think of mcdonalds and red hair)
:x JOHN (How boring buy a book of names)
:x PETER (EX - bleugh)
:x DAVID (Yawn)
:x DEREK (Hello???? who seriously calls their kid that)
:x STANLEY (If i was born a boy and got called stanley id hate my parents can you imagine when he goes to school, kids are cruel enuf as it is... without being slagged about ur name 24/7)

Some of the names above i dont like because i know people who are callled that who am not keen on :lol:

I love the name Gemma, call her your little Gem, was very close to calling the baby that but others weren't keen. I can't believe I forgot Stanley, one of the most truely awful names. My next door neighbours 4 year old is called Stan. OK for an old man but come on.

sorry if i offend anyone

girls
kayliegh
leanne
carla
samantha

boys
peter
trevor
bradley
sean

oh no! My name's gabrielle! Do you mean the boys pronouciation or the girls Claire? I must admit, there are a lot of bad nicknames for "gabrielle" :evil:

Gaby said:
oh no! My name's gabrielle! Do you mean the boys pronouciation or the girls Claire? I must admit, there are a lot of bad nicknames for "gabrielle" :evil:

Sorry, lol. My dad is obsessed with Gaby Roslin, pished my dad off although I like her and I knew someone with the name who was real mouthy so called her Gobby Gaby. :oops:

i think this post is going to far now!

i am reading it dreading to see my babies names. if i did and people slagged it of saying "If i was called id hate my parents can you imagine when he goes to school, kids are cruel enuf as it is... without being slagged about ur name 24/7
ild be gutted. its well unfair and especially as there are mums who come on here that have called their babies some of the names mentioned.

there is having fun then there is going to far

You're entitled to your opinion but nobody has to join in. We aren't putting the comments, they are on the site.

on what site? i cant see a link?

i just think its going to far and will hurt peoples feelings i no it would hurt mine if them comments were said about my child

dionne said:
on what site? i cant see a link?

i just think its going to far and will hurt peoples feelings i no it would hurt mine if them comments were said about my child

Oh sorry, I was thinking it was another thread I did. The names forum that someone posted in another thread is for comments on what people think of names, didn't see anyone offended there so I guess if people are then they shouldn't read the thread. It does say what it's about in the title.

ok then... :lol:

but if any one slags of Dior and Harley i will hunt you down and hit you with a stick
poke2.gif

dionne said:
ok then... :lol:

but if any one slags of Dior and Harley i will hunt you down and hit you with a stick
poke2.gif

I like them, mainly as they're not common. Ryan I didn't think was but there are loads at his school. :shock:

Londoner Claire said:
lainey said:
Great post :rotfl:

GIRLS

:x TAYLOR (Chavvy every 14 yr old chav in my town calls their kid that)
:x MORGAN (Chavvy same as above)
:x GEMMA (I know a girl who lies compulsively)
:x MELANIE (Girl who stole my ex - not that am bothered now)
:x JODIE

BOYS

:x RONALD (I think of mcdonalds and red hair)
:x JOHN (How boring buy a book of names)
:x PETER (EX - bleugh)
:x DAVID (Yawn)
:x DEREK (Hello???? who seriously calls their kid that)
:x STANLEY (If i was born a boy and got called stanley id hate my parents can you imagine when he goes to school, kids are cruel enuf as it is... without being slagged about ur name 24/7)

Some of the names above i dont like because i know people who are callled that who am not keen on :lol:

I love the name Gemma, call her your little Gem, was very close to calling the baby that but others weren't keen. I can't believe I forgot Stanley, one of the most truely awful names. My next door neighbours 4 year old is called Stan. OK for an old man but come on.

What a horrible, mean and unfair thread :( :cry:

The whole point of this forum is to support each other and share ideas. I see no purpose to this thread other than to potentially cause trouble and upset (thanks Dionne, I know you were thinking of me).

My child is happy and healthy and I'm deeply offended that you consider me the sort of mother who has set him up to be bullied at school. How rude.

I honestly don't have any least favourite names and can see how this thread could turn a bit horrible. All names are beautiful in their own way. Dionne, I love your children's name - they are lovely. No need to chase me :lol:

I agree with Claire its all about personal opinion, and if you clicked on the link and read the comments its quite funny.

Its one of these topics you choose to read, and if you feel offended dont click on the link....

I love the comment on the site about my sister Jenna :lol: hit it hard on nail :lol:

I know i love the name harley one of my favourites.

But my mother doesnt as she called her budgie that.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, it isnt meant in a nasty way.... and the names i listed were mainly based on i wouldnt call my kid that because i know people who are called every name i mentioned and my reason was based on truth

I certainly didnt slag the name off as in I HATE STANLEY BECAUSE XXXXX

I dont like stanley because i know a boy at my school who was picked on because of his name constantly.

I also wrote i dont mean to be offensive etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111