Your favourite home made meal and recipe

Wobbles

Reaction score
Whats yours & add your recipe maybe?

One of my favs which reminds me I have not made in a while is chicken supreme.

Simple chicken supreme recipe;

Difficulty: Easy Peasy
Serving Size: 2-4

Ingredients
• 4 Chicken fillets
• Olive oil
• Mushrooms
• Green pepper
• Red Pepper
• 1 large onion
• 2 tins condensed Cambells chicken soup
• Uncle Bens rice
• Salt & pepper to taste if desired

Preparation
1. Slice or dice your chicken (or whole if you want)
2. Slice or dice peppers, onion & mushrooms

Instructions
1. Fry the chicken until brown
2. Add the mushrooms peppers & onion
3. Fry for a further 3-5 minutes
4. Add both tins of Cambells soup
5. Half fill one tin with water & add (add more water as desired)
6. Keep stirring until piping hot
7. Add salt & pepper if desired
8. Simmer for 10-15 minutes
9. Serve with rice

All amounts are to taste tbh :D Nom nom!

I can't cook/won't cook so i am looking forward to seeing some nice and easy ideas on this thread :) xx

Homemade chicken curry

Diced chicken
1 Green & 1 Red pepper
1 onion
chicken stock
mild/medium curry powder (whatever is your preference, I add a tbsp)
Mango chutney
Red Thai curry paste
Tomato puree
flour to thicken

Brown the chicken, add the peppers & onion and reduce down. Add the curry powder and then add some flour and stir quickly. remove from heat and add about 1 pint of chicken stock. If you find the curry doesn't thicken enough add more flour. Then add a tbsp of the mango chutney, red curry paste and tomato puree. Cook for about another 20 minutes.

Serve with Naan bread, basmati rice and salad :yay:

Last edited:
I love cooking, just time is always a factor in our house, always on the go with own business, dogs and horses. But always try to cook something healthy and home made.

My fav is Spag bol, Sunday Roast and home made curries.

Use to love salads, until getting pregnant, LOL.

Cottage pie with cheesy mash - very easy.

Minced beef
Onion finely chopped
Carrots diced
Celery diced
Tin chopped toms
2 tbsp tom puree
300ml chicken / veg stock
Potatoes
Some grated cheddar cheese
Butter & milk for mash

Add some olive oil to a big saucepan, fry the onion until soft, add the mince beef and brown. Add the carrots, celery, tom puree, chopped toms and cook for 5 mins. Add the stock and simmer for 30 mins until veggies are soft. Boil the pots until cooked, mash with some butter, milk and the cheese. Transfer the beef to an oven dish, spoon the mash on top and bake at gas mark 4 for 30 mins or until golden on top.

One thing I've never done is curry from scratch - I may have to give it a go!

Cheesy mash is yum!

i love pasta, so easy to cook

my favorite is with bacon and spinich and home made sauce

Fresh patsa
2egg yolks
some cream
chives
spinich
bacon
onion
(anything else you fancy)

Cook pasta
fry all of th ingredients off ecxept the egg yolks and cream and spinich
mix cream and egg yolks together and add to the ingrediants heat through for a couple of minutes
add spinich and pasta
mix all together
scrummy yummy xx

How about Canelonni ? my kids actually cheer when they hear I'm making this!

Caneloni is the huge hard pasta tubes , (sains do a large box of them for 99p , for family of 5 (mine are bigger kids) you may need slightly more than 1 box tho. and they are filled with a spagbol type sauce , and covered and baked with cheese sauce over the top.

You can use both this spag bol sauce and cheese sauce for lasagne, or caneloni. Or just the cheese sauce for macaroni cheese or just the spag bol sauce for spaggetti bolonaise.

Spag bol sauce -

Ingreadiants
1 large Onion
some mushrooms sliced or quartered
Two cans chopped value plum toms
Samall can of tom puree
Beaf Oxo cube
1/4 pint boiling water
heaped table spoon brown suger (counteracts some of the tom puree strong taste, and makes it taste like shop sauce for kids!)
salt pepper
small squirt of garlic puree tube
any garden herbs you have or italian dried herbs or dried oregano and basil are best

Make a spag bol sauce,

Fry off Onions and mushrooms in splash of oil - in non stick deep frying pan or saucepan
add garlic puree squirt (make sure you add the mince in next minute, so you don't burn garlic!
add mince and fry till all goes brown
add the chopped plum toms
add the tom puree
add herbs
break oxo cube into 1/4 pint just boiled water , mix and then add to pan
Mix all up with wooden spoon and turn pan down to medium simmer for at least 20/30 mins
Don't put a lid on the pan as this will mean it will get thicker as the water steams off !

When the sauce is cool enougth to risk you fingers getting near! then get a oblong or square , flatish oven cooking dish (open top) and slowley fill the caneloni tubes with sauce with a spoon, then lay tubes doen in a row , this can take 10 mins to do, and watch your fingers, (sauce flows in the tubes easier if still warm).

Then we need to make the yummy cheese sauce

Ingreadiants
50g hard butter block
only 1/4 teaspoon mustard power (believe me makes for tasty cheese sauce)
4 heaped tablespoons cornflour
500mls of milk (I used powered milk as it's well cheep and makes a good sacue without useing all your fridge milk!!)
salt and pepper

How to make the sauce (do not do anything else while you make this, can be a little tricky but well worth trying, once you have it sussed , your fine)

Small saucepan, add butter and melt on low heat
take off heiat, put on wooden heat mat on counter etc
stir in 4 heaped tablespoons of cornflour and the 1/4 teaspoon of mustard powder (or fresh mustard is fine) and mix to a thick paste quickly with wooden spoon. (this bit stops you getting lumps in sauce)
then add splash of the milk and stir squshing the sauce against the side of pan with spoon as you stir round, then a bit more milk and slowly add till the sauce is runny and no lumps , then add rest of the milk. that;s the harder bit done.
Return pan to heat, turn up to medium hot and add salt and pepper and just stand there and stir .
after about 5 mins the sauce when it's hot enought the sauce will suddenly go thick, (so if you do anything else and are nto stiring it the whole time, you will ruin your sauce and it will turn into lumpy custard!
then once sauce thickness take off heat again and add value strong cheese , and stir round, taste it and add more cheese till you like the strength. (we use strong cheese as you use less!)

Then just poor over your caneloni tubes , sprinkle with a little cheese and bake 180 deg for 20 mins till browny topped
or for lasagne layer spag bol sauce, then dry pasta sheets , then sauce , the the same again finishing with sauce and a sprinkle of cheese , and bake at 180 deg for 30 mins till browny topped
or just poor over macaroni or brocoli and califlower - kids love this !

If you want a meaty shepherds pie, make the spag bol sauce and once cooked add 1/4 pint bisto or ready oxo gravey and mix to make more meaty then pour into flat oven dish and top with mash ( don't add milk to your mash when squishing it , just butter as it will make it too wet as it is going ontop of the sauce.

Sorry was long winded , hope it makes sense - please give it a go, it will save you so much money from brought sauces !

Lasagne I make a mean one YUM Your idea sounds yum I must try that one day!

Im inspired to make my own curry but couldn't get the paste! :(

Asda/Tesco/sainburys do it....It may say Red thai curry paste :)

How about Canelonni ? my kids actually cheer when they hear I'm making this!

Caneloni is the huge hard pasta tubes , (sains do a large box of them for 99p , for family of 5 (mine are bigger kids) you may need slightly more than 1 box tho. and they are filled with a spagbol type sauce , and covered and baked with cheese sauce over the top.

You can use both this spag bol sauce and cheese sauce for lasagne, or caneloni. Or just the cheese sauce for macaroni cheese or just the spag bol sauce for spaggetti bolonaise.

Spag bol sauce -

Ingreadiants
1 large Onion
some mushrooms sliced or quartered
Two cans chopped value plum toms
Samall can of tom puree
Beaf Oxo cube
1/4 pint boiling water
heaped table spoon brown suger (counteracts some of the tom puree strong taste, and makes it taste like shop sauce for kids!)
salt pepper
small squirt of garlic puree tube
any garden herbs you have or italian dried herbs or dried oregano and basil are best

Make a spag bol sauce,

Fry off Onions and mushrooms in splash of oil - in non stick deep frying pan or saucepan
add garlic puree squirt (make sure you add the mince in next minute, so you don't burn garlic!
add mince and fry till all goes brown
add the chopped plum toms
add the tom puree
add herbs
break oxo cube into 1/4 pint just boiled water , mix and then add to pan
Mix all up with wooden spoon and turn pan down to medium simmer for at least 20/30 mins
Don't put a lid on the pan as this will mean it will get thicker as the water steams off !

When the sauce is cool enougth to risk you fingers getting near! then get a oblong or square , flatish oven cooking dish (open top) and slowley fill the caneloni tubes with sauce with a spoon, then lay tubes doen in a row , this can take 10 mins to do, and watch your fingers, (sauce flows in the tubes easier if still warm).

Then we need to make the yummy cheese sauce

Ingreadiants
50g hard butter block
only 1/4 teaspoon mustard power (believe me makes for tasty cheese sauce)
4 heaped tablespoons cornflour
500mls of milk (I used powered milk as it's well cheep and makes a good sacue without useing all your fridge milk!!)
salt and pepper

How to make the sauce (do not do anything else while you make this, can be a little tricky but well worth trying, once you have it sussed , your fine)

Small saucepan, add butter and melt on low heat
take off heiat, put on wooden heat mat on counter etc
stir in 4 heaped tablespoons of cornflour and the 1/4 teaspoon of mustard powder (or fresh mustard is fine) and mix to a thick paste quickly with wooden spoon. (this bit stops you getting lumps in sauce)
then add splash of the milk and stir squshing the sauce against the side of pan with spoon as you stir round, then a bit more milk and slowly add till the sauce is runny and no lumps , then add rest of the milk. that;s the harder bit done.
Return pan to heat, turn up to medium hot and add salt and pepper and just stand there and stir .
after about 5 mins the sauce when it's hot enought the sauce will suddenly go thick, (so if you do anything else and are nto stiring it the whole time, you will ruin your sauce and it will turn into lumpy custard!
then once sauce thickness take off heat again and add value strong cheese , and stir round, taste it and add more cheese till you like the strength. (we use strong cheese as you use less!)

Then just poor over your caneloni tubes , sprinkle with a little cheese and bake 180 deg for 20 mins till browny topped
or for lasagne layer spag bol sauce, then dry pasta sheets , then sauce , the the same again finishing with sauce and a sprinkle of cheese , and bake at 180 deg for 30 mins till browny topped
or just poor over macaroni or brocoli and califlower - kids love this !

If you want a meaty shepherds pie, make the spag bol sauce and once cooked add 1/4 pint bisto or ready oxo gravey and mix to make more meaty then pour into flat oven dish and top with mash ( don't add milk to your mash when squishing it , just butter as it will make it too wet as it is going ontop of the sauce.

Sorry was long winded , hope it makes sense - please give it a go, it will save you so much money from brought sauces !

Ooh gonna give cannelloni a go. Evie likes pasta and loves cheese, hadn't thought of trying that - YUMMY :)

i love pasta, so easy to cook

my favorite is with bacon and spinich and home made sauce

Fresh patsa
2egg yolks
some cream
chives
spinich
bacon
onion
(anything else you fancy)

Cook pasta
fry all of th ingredients off ecxept the egg yolks and cream and spinich
mix cream and egg yolks together and add to the ingrediants heat through for a couple of minutes
add spinich and pasta
mix all together
scrummy yummy xx

i really fancy making this sounds yummy :) x

I fancy trying Fairy's spinach and bacon cream pasta too ! might be a friday night naugthy meal I think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back