Your experiences please?

Mrs.Goodchild

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I hope you're all well and congrats on your bfps :)

Hope no one thinks this is cheeky but i just need some reassurance/experiences to relate to if possible.

We've been ttc for 4 years now with one surprise bfp which ended in mmc in 2012 :(
I'm only 7dpo today but have been spotting red/pinky since last night. I've never had this before it seems to be accompanied by tender boobs (on the sides) and very very mild dull ache in uterus area.

What i would like to know is: of those of you who experienced IB and cramping;
* what was your IB like? (Colour, heaviness etc)
* how long did it last?
* what were your cramps like?
* when did you get your bfp?

I really really hope some of you can offer some hope to me and i wish you all the best with your pregnancies :) hope to be joining you all in the next week or so lol

Hi hunni, I didn't have IB but I felt like I had a period coming, was so bloated ie really uncomfortable distended feeling. I also had period type achy lower back and low pelvis, also kept feeling like I was bleeding but when I'd go to the loo it would just be heavier discharge, watery then sticky. Once I had that feeling of bleeding I knew I was pregnant as I'd had it with my others. Everyone is different but my boobs didn't get sore until a week after my bfp although they had already started getting bigger and my nipples were getting darker more brown than pink. Hope this helps, I really hope you are pregnant :) xx

Hi. I also never had IB I did however did get cramps like I would normally have before I was due on. So I didn't really expect to get a bfp when I tested the day I was due on my period because I thought I was going to come on. That was also the case last October but that ended in a MC. I'm sorry that's not much help but my experience of getting a bfp was the same as period symptoms.

Thanks ladies :) well spotting got heavier last night so i thought af had arrived 6days early. Popped a tpn in this morning and after a few hours there was barely anything on it. Spotting and cramps seemed to have completely stopped now :/ tested this morning but bfn which is completely expected at 8dpo lol :) feeling a lil more positive now the spottings stopped but still think af will arrive at some point xxx

Constantly knicker checking and ive had NOTHING since my last update this morning :) hoping beyond hope that this was an IB and i have a bean in there getting snug. Theres nothing i want more in this world.
My cramping/dull ache has stopped also and is now just random mild thumps and bumps few and far between.
Xxx

It's definitely sounding positive hun have everything crossed for u keep us posted xxx

Aww thanks ladies, i sure will. Im a poas addict so will be testing again tomorrow :) xx

Ok so this is what has happened since yesterday...its long so apologies in advance:

Tested when i got home last night, thought i saw a really faint shadow but turned out to be nothing...went back to the test an hour later (i know silly move) and there was a clear pink line so i tested again and another BFN. Obviously the first was an evap! My spotting then decided to get heavier and redder (gah)!
Woke up this morning still spotting but tested anyway and again BFN :(
I have just checked my cervix and there is absolutely NOTHING. No cm, no red, no brown, nothing! Not even on or around my cervix. So here i am again back in limbo PRAYING the spotting stays away and is indeed the illusive implantation bleed! Whatever it is its not normal as its been light, heavy, on, off for 4 days now (my period only ever lasts 3 days at most). There has not once been any clots or anything its just been "fresh blood".
So ladies im begging you all, Please Please pray for me that my bfp is on its way. I need all the baby vibes i can get. 4 years is a long time of continuous failure and i want nothing more than my take home new years eve rainbow baby xxx

Good luck hun. If it helps, with number 2 I had IB just like my AF, presumed it was but then it stopped after 1-2 days and nothing. Low and behold, got my BFP 2 wks later. Had lots of cramping and period pains until BFP. Fingers crossed for you xx

Af is due monday but ive bern taking vit b6 to lengthen lp so could be slightly later than that.
Its no matter as im a self confessed poas addict and will be testing every day anyway lol.

Frankie sorry for gory question but was yours red and on/of or just exactly like your af? Mine is completely different to my af so im hoping thats a good sign. Xxx

Fingers crossed you get your bfp, xxx I don't want to sound too impersonal and you don't have to answer but have you or your OH ever been to the doctors, 4 years is such along time xxxx

I am too frightened to go to the doctors (i know it sounds extremely stupid) but i refuse to admit defeat :/ we were supposed to go last month but i moved the deadline further back by another 3 months. There are still some things that we want to try before having invasive and ongoing tests soy iso for example will be starting next cycle if this one ends in af.
I know people will think me silly and assume i must not want a baby enough for not going the doctors before now. But i cannot bear the thought of having it confirmed that something is wrong. Kind of an "ignorance is bliss" type thing.
Also as we conceived once before we know we *can* do it, we just havent managed to recreate the bfp since.
Xxx

Bless your heart. I completely understand you wanted to try everything before the last resort going to the doctors. At least you know you "both work" our bodies are bloody weird things, I don't know how the hell I managed to get pregnant according to my due date now I ov 5 days after my period ended . I'm just confused lol

Last edited:
Gosh I don't think I really remember! He's nearly 3 now so it's a long time ago! All I remember is that the bfp was a complete surprise as I thought the ib was my af so it must have been really similar. May have been slightly redder if anything. Really hope it's good news for you hun xx

Mrs goodchild. Me and hubby started down the IVF route after trying for a year and a half. We did all the tests (not invasive just bloods and a scan) and got accepted for IVF. We were due to start on the 8th jan and I found out on Xmas eve I was already pregnant. We were with the fertility doctor and he did the test for me to confirm, he said it happens a lot because once couples are accepted for IVF they wait for that to come around so they relax a bit more and it just happens. He called it the best fertility drug. Your subconscious tells you there's nothing you can do until you start the course and as you've relaxed and stopped thinking about it boom! It happens! It also happened to a Friend of mine as well. And a really good thing about having started the tests for IVF I knew I was in good shape, uterus is perfect apparently! Bloods were good etc so it put my mind at rest a lot. Maybe start down the route because you can start the actual IVF whenever you want to doesn't have to be straight away. It might just be a simple thing to sort out like eat more iron for you both, we were both told what vitamins we should be taking so that could have helped. Good luck xx

I had IB with my LO, with mine it was just like AF and I actually thought it was. But then it kept stopping and starting for a few days. I didn't get a BFP until at least a week after and even then it only showed up when testing first thing.

Fingers crossed for you! It took us nine months of TTC and I got to a similar stage. I wanted to rule out everything myself before I went to the doctors and I also decided I didn't want to go through IVF. I had a bit of a breakdown when I got really upset crying thinking what if I can't do this?! And I thought there is nothing more I can do, I just have to accept it. I was actually pregnant by that point and didn't know it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back