Gaviscon Infant.....your experiences please

NIE

Reaction score
Looking for some of your experiences of giving your lo gaviscon.

Adam has just started taking it and I hope it will make a difference quite soon. xxx

Ryans been on it since he was a few months old, before he had it he would just scream all day. Since he started it he's been a completely different baby. Hope it works just as well for Adam :) :hug:

didnt really help us im affraid....see the reflux support thread in feeding section - few of us chat about gaviscon in there...i hope u get some joy we are still batteling with reflux even at this age - im finding solids/finger foods a real battle - see the support thread tho in feeding... :hug:

It worked for oran straight away as well. Took us 4 months for the DR to prescribe it, when he did I (and everyone else) could finally pick Oran up without being thrown up on!!

He had/has reflux but not megga bad.

Now he is off the milk and on to real food he stopped being sick anyway

My baby girl Maisie has reflux and the gaviscon just made her constipated so maybe give extra boiled water to help with that department! Good Luck hope it helps Adam.

Maia had it and it worked really well, but sadly it gummed her right up and the constipation was bad.

Just put up with the reflux in the end, it gradually got better on its own.

Thanks for the replies. :hug:

I'll keep an eye on Adams bowels over the next week or so.

I really feel bad for not noticing that there was a problem earlier. Infact I felt like a bad parent. It has got me really down and quite tearful.

Glad that we have a possible answer and fingers crossed the gaviscon works. I don't think I can handle much more stress and worry just now......well at least for a few days. xxx

Harrison had this and I found it helped a tiny bit but gave up after a while because I didn't feel happy giving him a medicine that didn't really make much difference and also he got really constipated on it and they turned green :oops: (Sorry TMI!!)

Adam has been much better on the Gaviscon but seems to have more poos every day than he used to.

We are all much happier now. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back