You have to be kidding me!!!!

NicNak1

Reaction score
Some of you who are my friends on facebook would of seen my status earlier this afternoon...for the people who aren't on my facebook.......

Well do you know this heatwave we are currently having and the majority of us are struggling with, im one of those people and honestly thought i was going to melt at points lol and trying to get to sleep at night has been impossible regardless of all the windows being open. Well this morning we noticed why its been so hot in the house and the reason why.....the bloody heating has been on!!!!!!! I could have cried. No wonder ive been so uncomfortable!! Ive nearly been in tears every night with not being able to sleep but this is the reason why. When we've checked it all out there must be a faulty valve type thing in the boiler and switch which has caused the heating to come on and stay on or turn on and off without us realising. Ive turned the stat down and also theres a nob on the boiler which you can adjust for the temperature aswell, ive turned that down to min and that has seemed to turn the heating off. Ill have to get someone out in the next few days to fix it. Im on a pre payment metre for gas and electric and i was confused why the money was going down quick as only the cooker has been running off the gas.

I hope i can sleep tonight but the house is still boiling hot with the heating being on all day. I just cant get over it.

Anyway....hope everyone is coping with the heat and not too uncomfortable for you. Xx

Oh my goodness! Worst nightmare hun.

It seems to be cooling down here tonight and there's a little bit of a breeze, so hopefully you also have the same and it'll help cool the house down. There is nothing worse than not being able to sleep.

Is there anyone you can borrow a fan from? I'm really funny with leaving electrics on throughout the night but I slept with the fan pointing towards the bed last night and it was so much more comfortable. Hubby is currently working nights too and he also found relief with the fan on.

Hope you manage to get some sleep tonight. Times like this I could murder a couple of glasses of wine to help me sleep through the heat xx

Oh goodness poor u !!!! At least Uv stopped it now. That cannot have been helping. T towel dunked in water then wrung out and placed accrossyour body helps with ggeneral heat. Hope that u have a fan too to try n get the air moving bless u big hugs xx

Aghhh such a, nightmare! I saw on fb about your heating. Mental!!! I assume you don't have a thermostat? Ours is set to min in summer so heating never comes on (it has a frost setting so comes on if temp goes too low, to stop pipes freezing).

I couldn't survive without my big tower fan. Also recommend cold flannels and soaking your feet before bed.

Good luck! Our bedroom gets hot as sun beams in there in evenings. It's horrible :-(

Oh Nichola!! It's these stupid systems! We have an old style boiler and whenever we turn the hot water on, all the radiators upstairs come on! British gas said its a valve somewhere in the system and for the cost of finding and fixing it we might as well get a combi boiler but the landlady isn't willing to do that! Luckily we can turn our radiators off so it doesn't really bother me and its quite handy in the winter mornings instead of heating the whole house ha! Hope u get it sorted ASAP! Xxx

Oh blimey! Well I'm glad you discovered the problem so can hopefully feel a bit more comfortable now. I have borrowed a fan and it does help lots xxx

I don't know how you haven't actually melted. I'm finding this heat completely horrendous without any extra warmth. Glad you've turned it down now.

I had this a couple of weeks ago and it was ridiculously hot. We turned everything off but some of the radiators were still getting warm. Turns out the hot water valve on the boiler had gone and was on constantly and it was leaking through to the central heating making the radiators warm when they shouldn't have been - not nice!

oh my goodness!!!! I actually don't know how you have survived so pleased you have figured it out though hopefully you will be more comfortable now xxx

Ah ive been alot more comfy the last few nights. Dont get me wrong im still struggling abit but no where near as much. I have 6 windows upstairs and ive had every single one of them wide open and all doors open so a draft is getting into the bedroom for when i go to bed and that has seemed to help abit. Hope your all coping. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back