yay!

trixipaws

Reaction score
millie took a BOTTLE today! :cheer:
this could open up whole new avenues, like me going 2 the salon and getting my highlights done, or even going out!!!

its early days tho, it was only a few mls of boiled water. she hadnt poo'd since monday (shes normally an every day girl at least!) so my HV suggeted boiled water to help her go (it worked btw, she did a huge dump a few hours l8r!)

whenever iv tried bottles b4 she didnt dseem 2 kno what 2 do with them and spat them out, the best result iv had previously was she swallowed the drips on her tongue. but 2day she actually suckled it properly! only for a few seconds, but theres hope! gonna hand express 2mro try her with milk see if she takes it. wish me luck hehe

That's great new trixi! Good luck with the expressed milk tomorrow!

trixipaws said:
she hadnt poo'd since monday (shes normally an every day girl at least!) so my HV suggeted boiled water to help her go (it worked btw, she did a huge dump a few hours l8r!)

That's different advice than I got from my HV, I thought it was fairly normal for exclusively b/fed babies to not go that regularly - I posted a question about this last week as my baby didn't poo for 8 days (she's exlusively b/fed)!

Glad it worked though!

Valentine xxx

valentine said:
That's great new trixi! Good luck with the expressed milk tomorrow!

trixipaws said:
she hadnt poo'd since monday (shes normally an every day girl at least!) so my HV suggeted boiled water to help her go (it worked btw, she did a huge dump a few hours l8r!)

That's different advice than I got from my HV, I thought it was fairly normal for exclusively b/fed babies to not go that regularly - I posted a question about this last week as my baby didn't poo for 8 days (she's exlusively b/fed)!

Glad it worked though!

Valentine xxx
yeah she did say b'fed babies dont always go every day, but the fact that mine has gone at least once every day since she was 3 days old makes it unusual for her. was urs just a one-off?

Yay, well done milliepops!!!! This could be the start of good things to come - good luck with the expressing!

well done Millie

I think it was about 10 weeks D stopped pooing every day ..it does change i think around that age

Well Done Millie!! :cheer:
My friends baby is exclusively breastfed, but is taking to the bottle now, but only as her Mummy is not letting her have the breast for 2 feeds out of a 24hr period, after quite a bit of crying, she does take the bottle. Don't know if that's something you'd be comfortable with trying though? Vey best wishes for Millie's next bottle, and getting your hair done!! :hug:

trixipaws said:
yeah she did say b'fed babies dont always go every day, but the fact that mine has gone at least once every day since she was 3 days old makes it unusual for her. was urs just a one-off?

It was a one-off at the time, from about 4 weeks she'd been about every 2-3 days but it might be the norm from now on, there's been no poo since the weekend!

Xxx

Thats brilliant!

One thing to bear in mind is that when you get her to start taking the bottle try and get lots of other people to give it to her. I BF Evie and expressed off the odd bottle, in theory so I could pop out once in a while, but she got it in her head that only mummy gave her milk so wouldn't take the bottle off anyone but me, kinda defeated the object :wall: Get her used to other people (esp OH!) giving her the milk.

Good luck! I'm getting my highlights done next week, 7 months later :dance:

its early days tho, it was only a few mls of boiled water. she hadnt poo'd since monday (shes normally an every day girl at least!) so my HV suggeted boiled water to help her go (it worked btw, she did a huge dump a few hours l8r!)

Sorry loved the way you said it, am killing myself laughing here :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back