Yay - 10 day boobie feeding results *updated* top Pg2

NickyB

Reaction score
I have to share, I'm so relieved.

I've put so much focus for myself on BF'ing that I was worried I'm setting myself up for a fall.

Lucy weighed 6lbs 6.5 oz at birth, and 6lbs 2oz at five days.
MW came around today for her last visit and she weighs 6lbs 9.5ozs!

I'm so pleased, it's uncomfortable and I hate waking up, getting up, getting her up, getting comfy, the pillow right and then feeding her in the very early morning hours but it's so worth it, and better it's working!

I think we have a growth spurt today as she hardly slept for eating last night and this morning has been quite similar so I won't count my chickens too early!!

well done hon :clap: :clap:

have you tried feeding lying down? i co-sleep and let connor feed whilst lying next to me - it's helped me stay sane all these months :) :)

:clap: :clap: Well done! You are doing so well.
When Angel was tiny i'd feed laying down. Gives me a chance to have a quick snooze too! Lol

NickyB said:
I have to share, I'm so relieved.

I've put so much focus for myself on BF'ing that I was worried I'm setting myself up for a fall.

Lucy weighed 6lbs 6.5 oz at birth, and 6lbs 2oz at five days.
MW came around today for her last visit and she weighs 6lbs 9.5ozs!

I'm so pleased, it's uncomfortable and I hate waking up, getting up, getting her up, getting comfy, the pillow right and then feeding her in the very early morning hours but it's so worth it, and better it's working!

I think we have a growth spurt today as she hardly slept for eating last night and this morning has been quite similar so I won't count my chickens too early!!

psssst... co sleep :shhh: :wink:

Congratulations hun... :hug: :hug: :hug: Theres no better thing you can do for your little one... :hug: :hug: :hug: Thats all you hun...

Well done, thats great :clap:

It will get much easier in the next few weeks too and then it gets really, really enjoyable!

Alex xxx

Congrats!

Its certainly worth the effort. I wish I was still breastfeeding but a car crash mucked up my supply. I got to 4 and a half months though ;)

:cheer: well done! :D It's fab booby feeding. As has been said co-sleeping is so much easier when LO wakes just pop boob in mouth Cooper still feeds 3/4 times a night so its been a life saver xx

Very well done hun :cheer:
If you dont fancy co-sleeping can your OH help you by getting her up and passing her to you in bed? We did this for the first few months and it was so much easier being able to wake myself up and get comfy without getting out of bed, especially in the very early days when I was so sore. I also feed lying down when I need to and just make sure its safe for LO in case I do fall asleep.
Youre doing great, the toughest bit is behind you :hug:

Well done thats great.!!! I found co-sleeping was brilliant when booby feeding to :D

Hey all, thanks :D

I'm anxious about co-sleeping, I have no idea why. I might try some tomorrow while DH is at work :)

UPDATE:

Woo (4 weeks and 4 days), it's been 15 or 16 days since my last weigh in. I was worried she'd be low because she's sleeping quite well at night (a, hope I don't jinx that, and b, I'm just gonna be a worrier from now on, ok?) but, she now weighs 7lbs and 15.5ozs.

My boobies are so cool! The HV said that was almost in line with bottlefed weight gain. I am so pleased, sorry!

don't apologise for being proud. you are doing great :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:clap: well done its great when you know all your efforts pay off! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back