Xmas Pudding

Amanda

Reaction score
As Vicki has been asking about Xmas dinner ideas, it reminded me to ask you all for Xmas Pudding recipes!

We're at my Mums this year, and I always do the pudding, but with moving, all my cookery books are packed and in storage. So I need a recipe for Xmas pudding please! :pray:

Luckily I didn't pack my pudding bowls or steamer so I can make them, but just can't remember the bloody recipe!

My god, i think i'm doing well cooking a xmas dinner, you must be a super cook!!

Vicki83 said:
My god, i think i'm doing well cooking a xmas dinner, you must be a super cook!!

Nah, I just love it! And there's nothing nicer than seeing other people enjoy something you've cooked! I popped to my mums this morning early, and turned up to find her having her breakfast - toast with dollops of my marmalade on top!!! :dance:

Yeah, i know what you mean, when i actually do do some cooking i'll sit and wait for the comments once they have eaten!

Me and mum did our xmas puds back in June :oops: They get an extra quart of brandy every month. And no, the kids aren't allowed any :wink:

Here's one from a friend of mine:

8oz. flour
8oz. Breadcrumbs
8oz. (veggie) suet
8oz. dark brown sugar
0.5 teaspoon of baking powder
0.5 teaspoon allspice (or mixed spice, and I use more than that)
6oz. currants
6oz. sultanas
12oz. raisins
3oz. mixed peel (I tend to use very little of this, but substitute with glace cherries)
1oz. ground almonds (plus some chopped ones, though not sure what weight - kind of a handful)
Juice and rind of one lemon
0.25 grated nutmeg (I often use more)
4 eggs
Stout (e.g. Guinness) to mix (usually just under half a pint, but with no eggs you'll need more)

Mix all dry ingredients. Mix all ingredients, with egg and stout.
Cook for 6-7 hours (in covered pudding basin - I cover with foil),
When cooked, pierce in a dozen places with a skewer and pour over brandy, rum or whisky (prob. about 2 tablespoonsful, don't know really.)
Then cook for 2 hours on the day.

This quantity makes two large and one smaller puddings, which last all year if you want them to.

Finally, serve with thick double cream, custard or brandy sauce (or all three) and stuff yourself silly

I did make it, but I made it with rice flour, and then didn't fancy it after storing it for a bit - wasn't sure if it would go off or not lo. It looked lovely though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back