Bugaboo Bee ladies (All comments welcom)

The bee looked like everything we wanted in a pram but I have had 2 shop assistants at different places telling my not to buy it. They have had 18 month children not fit in it, e

Not sure what happened there!

The bee looked like everything we wanted in a pram but I have had 2 shop assistants at different places telling my not to buy it. They have had 18 month children not fit in it, especially with the !hood on.

Personally I am not prepared to spend £300+ on a pram that I can only use for 18 months! If you are happy to do this and are planning on buying another stroller at a later date then fine!

Sorry - I did really like it but thought I should mention what I have been told...

I am lucky as already have 2nd hand 2 wheeler buggy for when baby is older, so the toddler size thing isnt so much of an issue, and my parents brought the bee for me! (1st grandchild for them)
I know the spiel says the bee can accommodate 4 year olds but no way. I think over 2s may struggle depending on their size
Pesonally, bee suits our situation down to ground :D

Here's the Which? review for the Bugaboo Bee:

The funky Bugaboo Bee is a pricey but stylish choice for fashion-conscious parents who want a sturdy and practical pushchair that can be used with a child car seat.

It impressed our testers, who found that it's a dream to manoeuvre in most situations, feels light and comfortable to push, and is fairly compact for a car-seat-compatible model.

It's quite heavy for a buggy, weighing in at 9.6kg, but you can also use it as a travel system by buying adaptors (which cost £30) for the Best Buy Maxi Cosi Cabrio child car seat. Although it reclines to five different positions, the seat is not suitable for newborn babies, because it doesn't let them lie flat.

Drawbacks? Our testers didn't like the lack of leg rest to support children whose feet don't reach the footrest, and the seat is rather narrow and short. The hood is too close to the chair for older children.

The storage basket is a good size but difficult to reach – you have to scrabble between the child's legs from the front.

It's tricky to activate the folding mechanism initially, but after that it's easy to unfold the pushchair. It folds to 35x95x58cm (193 litres), which is fairly bulky.

The Bee comes with a rain cover and hood, and there are also nearly £400-worth of optional accessories, including a footmuff, nappy bag and sun canopy.

It complies with the relevant British Standards for safety, strength, durability and stability.

Pros: Fashionable, car-seat compatible, narrow for easy manoeuvrability

Cons: Short seat, no leg rest, expensive

The full test results say it's 'satisfactory' from birth, rather than 'excellent'. It reclines to 120 degrees, which is the minimum safety standard. A pushchair that is 'excellent' from birth, which is the kind that Which? describes as suitable for newborns, reclines to 150+ degrees so that the baby lies flat, as recommended.

One assistant I spoke to said that it's 'perfect for 6mo to 18mo'. I guess it depends on how much money you have and how many buggies you're willing to buy, but if you were going to buy a pram for a newborn, and then move on, and your baby wasn't too big, this would be a great pushchair. If you were hoping to get away with one pram/pushchair for the first 2.5 years, you might struggle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back