X

Its so hard Laura I know. Are you giving her the expressed stuff from a bottle? Because if you're already giving her a teat, then nipple shields may work for you. I know lots of people don't like them but they have literally been a godsend for me, I can't feed without them.

I have the medela ones which midwife told me was the best ones as it still gives the baby room to suck well.

Might be worth a try x

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hmm, is she putting on weight okay? Lots of wet/dirty nappies?

Is she settling okay between feeds?

This is exactly what Harrison was doing - only feeding for 5-10 minutes at a time so I thought he was getting enough, but he stopped putting on weight so I now let him have boob til he falls asleep then I express & wake him & give him that. He's much longer between feeds now, and is putting on weight like a trooper x

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Aww I'm so sorry you're still struggling. Well done for persevering though, it will get better and you will get sorted although I know that doesn't make it any easier for you right now :-( I wish I could tell you the magic answer but I don't know what it is. It definitely is painful for the first few days but it sounds like you're really suffering so I do wonder if its something a bit more than just the initial settling down. If you feel something's not right then seek a second or third opinion from different professionals, sometimes it just takes a tiny tweak to make everything fall into place. I found the actual mws weren't the best people to ask as although they know the basics they aren't all bf experts, if you can find a good bf counsellor they can be fantastic. I saw one with ds, everyone was telling me he was feeding fine but I knew something wasn't right and she spotted straight away that he had bad tongue tie. I hope you get it sorted soon Hun, hugs xxx

And ammdaz I think I might ring the bf nurse tomorrow and ask for help, she gave me a number to ring if I needed them so I suppose I should make the most of the help available before just giving upx

Sorry to hear its still painful lovely.

Have you tried cooled cabbage leafs? It's meant to really sooth the nipples, I would recommend calling the bfing nurse and getting her to come out tomorrow or you go to her if you can.

xx

Well done for sticking with it- no one really explains how hard or painful bf can be at the very beginning.

I have a heavy let down and my lo only feeds for around 5-10 mins at a time, from one boob. He fights my left- he just doesn't like it! He also has a very strong suck. He's 10 weeks old and every week when I get him weighed he puts on a good amount of weight.
My HV thinks that he gets his fill quickly.

Well done and good luck. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back