X

Get to day 10 and you will have cracked it. I have been in tears before when the girls latched on in the early days but plenty of lanisoh sort of helped. It was just sheer bloody mindedness that got me through it. I took one day at a time and congratulated myself at the end of each day for surviving.

It does get easier, I promise. Just persevere. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Lanisho definitely. Other than that it is kinda a grin and bare it thing. It really does get better. Xxx

^wss

Get yourself some Lanisho nipple cream! It's amazing out it on before and after feeds and it will really help your nipples.
Your nipple are just getting used to it so keep going the first week or so is the worse bit it gets easier and less painful.
x

Oh hun I know exactly how u feel. My nipples were so ridiculously sore and nearly the whole feed would hurt and bring me to tears. Baby is now just over 2 weeks and now it doesn't hurt at all! You've really just got to grit your teeth and try to focus on the fact it is only short term. I think everyday (after the initial pain and swelling started), got easier and easier and as mentioned above by day 10 all was completely painless.
Best of luck sweets xxxx

Also wanted to agree with using loads of lansinoh gel... It definitely definitely helped xxx

Hun you're doing fab. Just make sure you use the cream before and after every feed!!! I noticed if I didn't use it every time they'd start getting sore again. First few weeks are the toughest. And I've BF 3 and the initial latching on has ALWAYS hurt in the beginning and the first ten seconds or so xxx

Just to echo what the others have said, plenty of lansinoh and perseverance! I can still remember now the toe curling pain of the first few days of bf and DS is 4. But it doesn't last longer than a few days I promise. Just a teeny bit of advice, try not to put off feeding her from the breast again for too long just in case she gets a bit too used to the bottle and lazy on the breast. Also I think the only way to stop the pain is to keep feeding so your nipples kind of toughen up and get used to it so by putting it off you may be prolonging the agony. I hope it gets easier for you soon but you are doing fab so far, keep it up! Xxx

Yeah that's what I'm worried I've done, basically healed up to start all over again. I'm praying it was just a bad firstfew latches that caused it, and now I know how to do it properly I can start with the right position etc and hopefully although it will hurt, it won't be anything like it was. Icant even describe the pain, it was making me feel sick, and go lightheaded cuz it went on and on and I needed I feed her but couldn't take the pain.

Nips are feeling sensitive but not too bad now, but the actual boob is so swollen and sore, and even after expressing 4oz off each, they don't seem to deflate? Is that normal? Am I expressing too much in one go? X

There are points where your milk supply increases and you get engorged, I wonder if it's that.

Have you got those gel breast pads you put in the fridge? They were a godsend for me. Or try the Savoy cabbage leaves :)

Watch out for symptoms of mastitis, cos you'll want to treat that asap. You generally get flu like symptoms with that and a hot boob like its on fire. That's how it was for me. Read up on the breastfeeding network about mastitis and thrush and its useful to know what to look for.
----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

I found that of I used the cream generously it helped. Also you can get it on prescription. As everyone says it does get better. I really struggled at first too but your nipples with toughen up and it'll be easier. Well done. :)

It does get easier! Well donr for persevering! Keep going xxxxxxx

Hun it's just practice. Bs my third and I was still sore just as you've described. How old is lo now? Remember it's the first 6 weeks that are tough then it gets so much easier!!!!! You're doing fab. It takes time yo get our bodies back hun. You really are doing fab xxx

Hi hun, sorry to hear yours having a hard time. I had those blister things on the ends too, and it was sooooo painful with every latch! They kind of just turned into actual nipple in the end as they for stronger. It's definitely just practice, not just you but baby too! Up until a week ago it still sometimes took ages to get him to latch, especially at night and he'd get really frustrated so it was horrible. Now he's a right pro and never takes more than about a minute max to get on. One nipple still hurts a little but I think it's just coz I wasn't applying the gel as religiously once the main pain stopped.. I am now again though and shows how good it is.
Keep going hun, yours doing so well already and we should be very proud of ourselves for not giving in yet! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back