Would you mix??

Smithy1980

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Just wondering your thoughts on something please?

I am bf LO and am now well established and she feeds really well. On an evening she cluster feeds from 7pm-11pm and then goes to bed......she tends to sleep from 11pm to anywhere between 5 and 7am, which is great.

I was thinking of (maybe) giving her a bottle of formula at 7pm to fill her up and in the hope it will cut down the cluster feeding on a night....as Im literally tied to the settee from 7pm-11pm...............I was jut wondering what everyones thoughts are on this? Good idea or not?

Many thanks :) xxx

Do you have a Bedtime routine? I know your baby is young but I started one at about 2.5 weeks and A has generally been a pretty good sleeper. Also, people may disagree but I would say if you are doing well at beastfeeding don't introduce formula - it will affect your milk supply. When he was younger he used to cluster feed between 5-8. I bath Arthur at about 615 he spends about 15-25 mins in bath depending on mood then I dress him and give him a quiet feed in a dark room. Then I put him to bed. He used to wake twice in night for feed now he either sleeps through or wants feeding once. I am a big believer in the bedtime routine. I have no daytime routine at all! (I am exclusively bf as well if that helps) xxx

Hi

Thank you that's a big help...maybe we can start to look into a routine at bedtime instead and go from there! She kind of is in a bedtime routine it's just too late at 11pm....I think I need to do the bath, feed, bed routine...I might start to introduce this week :)

Thank you hun xx

Sent from my nearly buggared iPhone!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back