Would you buy your steriliser on ebay?

girls i did it, i bought one off ebay at a great price 6.50pounds with postage altogether just 14pounds. Thanks for your advice, i'm sure it's fine to buy second han sterilisers and when u think about it, the people who use it before us are mums, just like any other mum and so i don't see what else they would have used it for apart from doing what you do with a steriliser!!! lol thanx everyone! happy shopping x

laetitia85 said:
i have found some Avent sterilisers on ebay at incredibly low prices and i would really like to buy mine from there but not sure if it's hygienic. my first choice would obviously be one that has not been used before but the used ones are all washed an clean, do u think it's a good idea?

get a new one - you don't know what sort of home its come from etc.
if you get one from boots you'll get your points too!

budge said:
laetitia85 said:
i have found some Avent sterilisers on ebay at incredibly low prices and i would really like to buy mine from there but not sure if it's hygienic. my first choice would obviously be one that has not been used before but the used ones are all washed an clean, do u think it's a good idea?

I've already bought it!! but i'm pretty confident it will be fine! thanks for the advice!

I found a few bargain ones around at the moment - Fisher Price, and Tommee Tippee types - but I didn't get them cos I figured it best to use an Avent steriliser if using Avent bottles..?

I'll prob get mine on ebay unless I find one on offer in any of the shops.

laetitia85 said:
budge said:
laetitia85 said:

I've already bought it!! but i'm pretty confident it will be fine! thanks for the advice!

i bet its fine!!! :cheer:

Ima fussy bugger and wanted all new stuff this time as my last baby had all second hand and i was skint.But as i had the money this time i splashed out!

I have to say no. Im going to bin mine as its well used and despite regulary cleaning it as per the instructions I feel the element at the bottom is a bit unclean.
Mines is a steam one.

Well done on your bargain! Sterilisers do need to be de-scaled every now and again - you can get de-scaling powder from Boots if you think it needs it. I can't see why there would be anything else wrong with it - I love a good bargain off Ebay!! Buying all the baby stuff all adds up pretty quickly! So good choice in my opinion! :clap:

I bought mine second hand and I gave it a really good clean and descaled it and its done me a year with Aimee and almost 5 months with Nathan and its still going strong!

I've just bought a second hand one from adtrader. It's got a little bit of limescale in it, but I'm just going to descale it and it'll be fine.

After all, as other ladies have said, it is a steriliser!! ie. sterile!

K.xx

I can't see any reason why you shouldn't use a second hand steriliser :roll:

Descale it and run it a couple of times to freshen it up and that's it!

I did buy a new one, BUT if I was on a tight budget, I wouldn't have hesitated!

Nothing wrong with it at all :)

Glad you found what you were looking for flower :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back