Would they change my dates?

Jaidy

Reaction score
A few of you may remember that when I went for my 16 week check up with the midwife I said that baby was appearing to be two weeks bigger than my dates according to fundal height.

I have my 20 week scan on 23rd Aug and im wondering, if the baby still appears to be bigger than its dates will they change my dates, or do they only do that at 12 week scans? :think:

the scan at 12 weeks is so sccurate that they will not change your dates even if you were measuring 4 weeks bigger.
I am measuring 2 weeks bigger and if i continue i have beren told ill have to go for a growth scan to scheck size of baby. Its coz i wasn't sure of my dates either.

At 16 weeks its quite normal to measure bigger coz baby is growing at a faster rate than at my dates for example. Your baby may have just had a grwoth spurt at the time and next time you go may be measuring right size.

Don';t worry though becasue if you do continue measuring bigger thye will keep a close eye of you and induce you early if necessary.

You have your 20 weeks scan yet and at that one if baby seem really big they will tell you and act accordingly. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back