change in due dates

caz3273

Reaction score
Hello!! Its my first preganacy and thought I was 9 weeks preganant until yesterday and now it would seem that I am only 6-7 weeks!! I had been having stomach ache all day on Wednesday and then woke on Thursday with what I thought was bleeding!! Needless to say I paniced and phoned my boyfriend who was on his way to work and we then then went to the hospital!!

Five hours later we were reassured that everything was fine with the baby and after a scan were told that I must have my dates wrong as the baby was smaller than the nine weeks pregnant the doctor had orginally told me I was. The 'bleeding' I had had was 'old' blood and would clear up in the next 24 hours which it has.

Apparently the change in dates is due to me recently coming off the pill, However, by ther time I have my 20 week scan the dates could change again! God knows what my due date is now!!! I think its somewhere near Christmas but it could be before or after!!!

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this!!!

Hi

Just to let you know your not the only one! I had exactly the same thing funnily enough the same amount of weeks too! i was told by the doctor that i was nine wks but while out shopping i noticed i was bleeding a little when i went to the loo! Like you we went straight to A&E and after a week of scans and blood tests was told everything is fine and i was only 6-7 wks so i can relax a little now!

Luv nic x :D

Hi. Thanks for replying! Its good to know that I am not the only one!!

None of my friends who have had babies have had this problem!! How long did you lose blood for??? I am still loosing now, 3 days later!! Hopefully it won't last much longer!!

Did they tell you why you were only 5-7 weeks and not 9???

Do you not have a 12 week dating scan? Its basically just for that reason?? I though everyone had them the 20 week scan isnt for dates.
I have a normal preiod, like clock work and wasnt on the pill or anything so my date just went by the first date of my last period. When I went for my dating scan i was put back 3 days.
Im confused why your not having one?

It happened to me to i was told i was about 9 weeks and i started bleeding at the scan i was only 5 1/2 weeks, i bled for 4 weeks nearly, baby is fine although i am having other complications with pregnancy :(

Not all places do the 12 week scan.

Mand x x

Yeah I don't get one where I am- only the 20 week scan. Pity as I would have liked one!

+++

We only get one scan at 16 weeks here. Just shows how things differ up and down the country.

thats so unfair. So do they do a more accurate dating at the 20 week scan also as sexing etc? My date only changed 3 days but I know many that have changed by a month!

The 20 week scan is used to check for physical problems with the baby as well as dates. They can look to see if they can tell what the sex of the baby is but this isn't a priority and isn't done unless you ask.

I only get one scan here... 12 weeks datying scan which I had last week. If you want a later scan you can get a private one like me andmy hubby are doing.
For £180 you get a 3D 40 mins scan which you get on DVD aswell.

We get a 12 wk scan and then a 21 wk scan here, at the 21 wks scan they told my friend where she can go for a 3D/4D scan if she wanted, which I thought was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back