Would Love Some OPK Advice

Lilybell

Reaction score
Hi Girls :wave:

I'm using opks for the first time this month. The first day I did it - cd11 - I got a line of equal darkness to the Control line. It said to DTD not before 24 hours, but before 48hrs, so we did!

Today, two days later, the line is quite faint - does this mean that's me ovulated and there's no point in DTD again?? Seemed like a short window!

Has the line always to be dark, and the light one means nothing?

Thanks girls - it's been 7 months and I think I keep missing my window. I would love a bit of advice about this.

Thanks xx

:petal:

i would have said that you had ovulated but theres no harm in dtd again just in case. I'm all over the place with ov dates at the min as my cycles are diff every month. Not easy is it :) good luck xx

Yes, no harm in DTD anyway - good point! I shall pounce on the OH anyway :dance:

Thanks Bidsy!
xx

If its your first cycle with opks, it will be worth carrying on with them for a bit as you'll need to get used to what your body does. Sometimes, there can be 2 surges in a month too where you "try" to release an egg but don't quite make it, then it happens again.

Make sure you do them in the afternoon and not first thing in the morning. And yes the faint line doesn't really mean much. I find i used to get a faint line in the first part of my cycle and in the tww get pretty much only one control line (excpet the month i got my bfp), and 2 days of a positive result that was as dark as the control..

I was using cheapies so it didn't matter how many i got through so much, but i could appreciate if you are using clear blue one it could get a bit pricey!

That's great advice, thanks flisstebbs. It sounds like it's worth doing it almost every day.

I was following the instructions - with a 28 day regular cycle, start testing at cd11 - and I was surprised to get such a dark line straight away. I'll keep testing daily in the afternoon and see what happens.

Thanks! :lol:

Last edited:
Next cycle I would try starting from CD 8 and see what happens, your surge/ovulation may be earlier in your cycle than the extremely rare 'average' of 14 days

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back