Worst Christmas present you've given/received?

I cant think of anything of the top of my head that I have been given but my OH was given a glitter ball for christmas one year by his mom and dad - great if it was when he was a teenager but it was in his early 30's! :rotfl:

when i was about 18 my grandad bought me a plant basket holder that screwed to the wall, and my 16 year old sister a pair of brown tights with holes in obviously been worn by my nan and put back in the box :puke:

Last year my rich but senile Grandpa bought me and my sister tiny ornamental enamel pill boxes. I had a look online and they'd cost about £80 each! I could have done so much with that money! I couldn't even take them back to the shop as it's a tiny one up north. It's still sitting in the box in a drawer.

mary70 said:
my 16 year old sister a pair of brown tights with holes in obviously been worn by my nan and put back in the box :puke:

Did she not think your sister would notice :shock: :rotfl:

maybebaby said:
Last year my rich but senile Grandpa bought me and my sister tiny ornamental enamel pill boxes. I had a look online and they'd cost about £80 each! I could have done so much with that money! I couldn't even take them back to the shop as it's a tiny one up north. It's still sitting in the box in a drawer.

Oh I am so jealous I love things like that, I wish I had your rich old grampa!!

I cant think of a particulary bad present that I have had so I must be easy to buy for! My mom however is a really good cook who prides her self on her entertaining and catering skills, and my cheeky aunt bought her a "Can't Cook, Wont Cook" oven glove!! She was not best pleased!!

My worst presents were all baby things addressed to me. Someone else said this too I think, but I was mortally offended. Most of it was naff stuff that I wouldn't even put my baby in. I also got alot of wine that year too ffs. It's like if people cant be bothered...then don't bl00dy bother.

I guess it would have been the same this year but now the baby will be here they'd better get out shopping or there will be some very pointed remarks about how the labels are wrong.

God, I sound like a right cow don't I? But I go to a lot of trouble to think of good gifts, it annoys me when I can tell there's been no effort.

My best present was a Travelling Wilburries Cd a few years ago off my Dad. He knew I liked them all as solo artists so thought I'd like them as a group. It was before you could get it in this country and he had to get it imported from Lithuania. Lots of thought... :clap:

Worst prezzie was from my SIL..she bought me a car cleaning kit from Halfords...mum and sis got one too so I assume the were on a 3 for 1 offer :think: She exceled herself the following year, we all got a christmas oven glove with matching tea towel. My sis was only 25 and still living at home with mum and dad :rotfl:

Best was my gorgeous Gucci popcorn bracelet last year from OH and he bought me the matching necklace after Ruby was born :lol:

My worst was a framed kitten picture. So cheesy! It was one of a host of dodgy gifts from an ex who never went shopping, he just bought what ever offerings the local junkies bought into his local pub :roll:

My best was my BFP in 2005. Not that I thought so at the time, I sobbed until Boxing Day :rotfl:

Also this year, people have just brought me baby clothes and addressed the presents to me... while this does not bother me as such the fact that DH has been brought a whole host of presents specifically for him, makes this unfairness annoying... just because I am pregnant means I want baby things for the baby... er... who put me in this state in the first place??? Shouldn't he be punished too...

Thats hardly fair, you should have presents for you and the baby.. I wouldn't be pleased at that!

lou said:
When I was a teenager I was full of angst, bit of a goth, hated girlie things and girlie stuff, I lived in doc martins and black leggings and black tops. I had black hair. wore black make up, you get the picture. Well my mum bought me...

A handbag :shock: A velvet short dress :shock: some lemon bonbons :shock: and some sparkly hair clips :shock:

I think she was trying to change me :think:

lol i remember when i was a little nu metaller and used to
live in my baggy jeans and black clothes and dye my hair a rainbow of colours
my mum bought me a pink (magenta not baby) dress with sequins on
the straps...i was like er thanks..i've never worn it!!!

My nan (god less 'er) was a bit of a nutter :lol: and one year she got me a big pack of knickers which you could tell were from some pikey pound shop, and they were for age 5/6.......i was 17 at the time, hahah. She got my dad a box of 'grey-away' hair dye that year, and my mum got a sponge, :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back