worrying...

missac

Reaction score
I did an RME lesson today, it was on Judaism for P1/2's, that is Reception Year 1 in England. Anyway it was all about Sukkah, celebrating the Jewish Harvest (bit late I know, but anyhoo...) so I started talking about how different religions and people celebrated different holidays, and could any of them name some holidays that we celerate. As expected Christmas and Easter were first up. So I asked the children why we celebrate christmas, now bear in mind that we are currently rehearsing the nativity play - with the Baby Jesus, and the P2's did this last year as well

What do we remember at Christmas time?.....The Christmas Trees and the Angels :shock: For goodness sake - I give up!!!!!!! :rotfl:

its only to be expected...its what children see the most at christmas...im sure i would of said the same thing when i was that age,..

they aways keep me entertained!! I love it!

When I was doing Noahs Ark last year with my primary3/4's I gave each of the children a letter of the alphabet and asked them to draw two pictures of an animal beginning with that letter. One of the little angels came and said he couldn't think of an animal beginiing with the letter N. And for the life of me I couldn't think of one either so I said to the rest of the class - "can anyone think of an animal beginning with N"

One said - "uummmm, a nant" deadly serious, I burst out laughing!!! :rotfl:

Arn't kids just brilliant!!

Brighten up anyones day :D

I would have drawn a Nit :rotfl:

Hi Missac,

I'm a primary school teacher in Ireland, I have a reception class this year, but in my school which is small, we have both first and second years in one room and I cover both syllabuses.(or is that syllabi?)

Anyway, I played the Frog Chorus as a stimulus piece for them the other day, and fully two thirds of the children thought of Santa! At this time of the year, they are hard-wired!

Mind you one of the kids drew her Dad wearing a dress....
hmmmmmmmmm

Nothing like reversing the traditional gender roles...

:rotfl:

Sue

I thought it was called Sukkot? The temporary enclosure with the twigs on top is called the Sukkah. Sorry to be a pain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back